Threads you'll never see on Rokslide

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
"check out my new ATV! Bucks & Bulls, here I come!"

is one I've never seen on here. And you?

"Score Please"

"Fixed blade or Mechanical"

"What kind of bait for whitetail"

"Anyone hunt high fence?"

Those all get pretty old on the other sites... and they usually get me in trouble! :)

Beastmode

WKR
"When does the season in this unit close? I want to hunt there when no one else is there. Preferably during the rut."

"10 reasons why I believe hunters shouldn't be able to hunt wolves."

JNDEER

WKR
"Not looking for anyones honey hole, but........."

I have been removed from other sites for posting my opinion on this kind of topic.

How about "Celebrity ethical shots, practicing what you preach"! Well...I guess you would see this more on Whitetail specific threads, not really part of this site. But that is why I like this site so much!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
"Not looking for anyones honey hole, but........."

I have been removed from other sites for posting my opinion on this kind of topic.

I've used this one myself of course worded differently, and if you collect enough tidbits of information it does help. This is why I joined here to learn new things and hunt new places just because this question comes up doesn't mean people aren't doing their own research. I can't tell from Google earth if my stream will be dried up in September but maybe that's just me

2rocky

WKR
"Does this Camo make me look fat?"

"Best Couch for watching hunting shows in the Fall"

"Favorite Side by Side ATV for Stalking Elk"

"Just how high is a High Fence hunt?"

"Best way to bone out a duck for the backcountry waterfowler"

"Have to ever done_____________ in your stand?

"Hot or Not?"

"Marry, Bang, Kill"

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
"How do I mount my cooler to my quad??"

"I only use my atv to get to my hunting spot"

"How to look for my camo flashlight"

Man, don't get me started.............:)
Randy

Last edited:

Shrek

WKR
I've used this one myself of course worded differently, and if you collect enough tidbits of information it does help. This is why I joined here to learn new things and hunt new places just because this question comes up doesn't mean people aren't doing their own research. I can't tell from Google earth if my stream will be dried up in September but maybe that's just me

No it's not just you. I also joined to learn about western diy hunting and asking for some general bird dogging and some pointers is needed for many of us. Just about every one of us has had help along the way from friends and family . Sometimes from total strangers. For me to go scouting it's a 2000 mile drive minimum and to the area I was pointed to it's 2700 miles each way. There is a saying posted in the pin box at my Georgia deer club that goes " you should be as concerned about your fellow hunter's success as much as your own ".The only two guys who shot a decent buck in our club last season other than me were both pointed to areas and stands by me and I'm happy and proud to do it. If you are a good hunter there are always more good places to hunt than you will ever be able to hunt. I can tell you that after I have hunted out west a few years I will not need any help but I will be grateful for the help I have recieved and when I'm standing on my own work I will pay it forward to another sincere hunter needing some place to start and a few pointers.

Shrek

WKR
"How do I mount my cooler to my quad??"

"I only use my atv to get to my hunting spot"

"How to look for my camo flashlight"

Man, don't get me started.............:)
Randy
Don't look now but I believe that many here use atv's to access areas . Like Bitterroot Bulls DIY Alaska moose hunt , the guy hunting sheds with his dog who's name escapes me at the moment , and many others. I'm getting a terrible vibe from many posters on this thread who seem to be elitist ideological purist.