Three sheep tags 3yrs in a row!

2012 NM Desert
2013 UT Desert
2014 CO Rocky

I pulled an archery S49 tag! So pumped... this is the last ram I need for my grand slam!

That's unbelievable. I've put in for sheep for 36 years in a row now and have not drawn a single one. That is for only one state though, Montana.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awesome!! Prepare for the hate mail, I drew trophy dall sheep tags up here in AK two years back to back and got a lot of dirty looks from folks for awhile there :) look forward to seeing photos and the story from your hunt!

Awesome!! Prepare for the hate mail, I drew trophy dall sheep tags up here in AK two years back to back and got a lot of dirty looks from folks for awhile there :) look forward to seeing photos and the story from your hunt!

I have a feeling it was worth it! :)

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a feeling it was worth it! :)

Oh totally! I had the sheep bug already, but drawing two great tags and having the chance to bag my first dall sheep was well worth blowing all my tag drawing karma :) I will likely never draw again, but I am totally fine with that. The great thing about AK's draw system is, the odds are pretty much the same for everyone every year (so there's always a chance :)) and we can still hunt OTC areas with harvest tickets.

WOW, you tag whore! Any chance we could see those other sheep you took? Always nice to see a guy draw and kill a ram. Sheep can be easy to hunt, or just the opposite, a real challenge depending on where you draw. You will have your work cut out for you in that CO unit. Prepare for bugs, and Rattlers, no joke on the latter.

OP
B
I shot both dalls in AK, stone in B.C and the first desert UT and last desert in NM. I did both desert sheep DIY and plan on hunting the rocky DIY as well. The UT hunt was mentally the most challenging hunt I've ever experienced. On a side note if anyone is interested in going to Quebec on a caribou hunt this fall we're doing a 6x1 (basically self-guided) hunt Sept 3-9. I applied the group discount to everyone so I'm paying the exact same amount as everyone else. The only guy I didn't know in the group never sent his deposit in and just bailed on the hunt. Everyone going are bowhunters (although I'm sure there'll be a gun in camp just in case things go down to the wire). Low egos and easy going group of guys. A couple of the guys are very accomplished hunters (either have archery super slams or super close). If you're interested in going shoot me a message. Cost is $6K which includes 2 caribou and black bears are available for the cost of the license. All flights from Montreal and food are also included.

Attachments

• stone sheep B.C. 2009 024.jpg
    stone sheep B.C. 2009 024.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 261
  • 8 (Custom).JPG
    8 (Custom).JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 248
  • 2011 AK Dall Sheep 0#825120.jpg
    2011 AK Dall Sheep 0#825120.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 258
  • DSCN1917.jpg
    DSCN1917.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 245
  • 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
OP
B
Craig...I wish :) All were rifle hunts. I actually dry fired my bow on a gorgeous NM ram. Wind blew my arrow off and I touched the trigger on the release trying to let down. I had to pick my arrow up and walk away from my ram while he watched me....the walk of shame :)

Shaun...we're going w/ Jack Hume Adventures