Thumb Release Strap Options

edevans

FNG
I previously hunted with a index finger release. This offseason I switched over to a thumb release and have been really liking the release. My shooting has drastically improved. I would like to start using the thumb release for hunting and I am looking at buying a backup release. I know there are many thumb releases on the market but have not found one that necessarily fits hunting. I always seem to misplace my release or lose it, is there a release you have specifically found that has a good wrist strap system, or something that would allow for my release to always be on my wrist. Thank you!

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
Tru-fire makes this one. It's on Amazon. I like it because you can tuck the release under the wrist strap when you want it out of the way.
D953F5A0-70E8-4E01-90D0-0667D21AE72D.jpeg

I started hunting with a thumb release last year and fashioned a wrist lanyard for it with a piece of paracord and a cord lock. The release has a hole drilled through the handle on the pinky finger end. I threaded paracord through the hole and added a cord lock so I could cinch the lanyard up around my wrist.

Jimbob

WKR
I actually prefer no wrist strap.

When I attached my back tension release to a wrist strap it hung down and would swing all over. Not comfortable at all and I could see it banging on something and making noise when I'm going for my range finder or stalking. When I tucked it into the wrist strap I was not able to remove it with one hand so I would have to let go of my bow and use my opposite hand to remove it, obviously this is not ideal. So I find it works better for it to just stay in a pocket on my right side until needed.

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
I actually prefer no wrist strap.

When I attached my back tension release to a wrist strap it hung down and would swing all over. Not comfortable at all and I could see it banging on something and making noise when I'm going for my range finder or stalking. When I tucked it into the wrist strap I was not able to remove it with one hand so I would have to let go of my bow and use my opposite hand to remove it, obviously this is not ideal. So I find it works better for it to just stay in a pocket on my right side until needed.
If you leave the one I posted at just the right tightness you can get it to fall out by shaking your hand. I also used to not use one but I lost a $250 Stan hunting deer last year and decided I didn't want to lose the replacement release.