Thumb Release Suggestions

mtnkid85

WKR
The nock on nock2it and silverback are a well designed match. In my opinion the best part of hunting with a handheld thumb release is being able to match it to a tension release for off season practice. I shoot the silverback 80% of the year then transition to the nock2it a month or so before the season.

Reactions: Zac

sblount

FNG
Ive tried a few but settled on the Stan Perfex long neck. I have the thumb and back tension setup for two fingers.

Marble

WKR
Been thinking about picking up the Goat for a while. How do you like the hinge function. I have an HT, is it similar?
Yes its similar. My go to hinge is the HBC. I didn't adjust the hinge at all when I converted it but it had a good click like the HBC.

The one thing different is i shoot the thumb with just a little nub of a button. No big thumb button hanging off so it fits in my pocket nicely. But when you draw there is no post for your thumb to wrap around.

In thumb button mode, I can just rest my thumb on the button and pull just like I did with my hinge. I really like it. But they aren't cheap.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

coontz74

FNG
I would agree with several posters here...IMO coming from a guy who recently switched from trigger finger to thumb barrel....

I would buy a Carter from the archery talk classifieds. Probably a 3 finger something until you get the feel you like. As said, if you find a deal on the classifieds and don’t like it, it would be a fairly easy sell to fund something else...

SoDaky

WKR
Try a Tru Ball Blade Pro.Likely others will become back ups.I've tried most.

coontz74

FNG
I just picked up another “very lightly used” Carter off of the classifieds at AT. Give them a look often. The good deals go quick...👍