Thumb release

qwerksc

WKR
Running a Carter Just-B-Cuz, Been shooting the Carter Evolution, Now bouncing back and forth, mixing it up. I shoot the thumb like a hinge, real talk.

Scott Exxus for the past 3 years. Helped my shooting a lot.
It did however take me a while to get used to it and to use backtension instead of actively pull it with my thumb.

I started shooting in the winter before the next hunting season. Built myself a little training bow out of a bent PVC pipe, P-cord, elastic cord, and a DLoop - the max stretch of cord should align to you at your full draw.

Stan SX3 and an element back tension, really like both of them. Keep an eye on the Archerytalk classifieds, I paid less for both my releases as the SX3 is new.

I grabbed a cheap Allen when I first started trying to fumble with the idea. That lead to a more expensive, but still cheap truball, which lead to a wise choice, which lead to a Fulkrum.

Be wary of the slide.

Stan Perfex
Took some getting used to and I ducked at first...especially with the back tension release. But now using the tension and thumb releases interchangeably and my shooting has improved over index trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayoh22

WKR
Nock 2 it which I believe is a Carter Wise Choice minus a finger. Don't quote me on that though.

Stalker69

WKR
Stan just x, no longer made. But I love these things, so crisp and repeatable best thing I’ve done Is switch to thumb.

I run a carter sensation because if I get a tension release I can go between a sensation and the evolution without any change in release configuration. I used to have the Nock On releases, but like a 3 finger a bit better

NYSKIER

WKR
HotShot Vapor if you just want to try it out. It's a good release and doesn't break the bank. Took a little while to get used to but I like it much better than an index release. Of course it's all personal preference

Running a Carter Just-B-Cuz, Been shooting the Carter Evolution, Now bouncing back and forth, mixing it up. I shoot the thumb like a hinge, real talk.

I've been bouncing back and forth between the Wise Choice and the Evolution+. Been struggling with really bad target panic. Switched to the Evolution, and couldn't get consistent with my back wall pressure, so sometimes the release would fire as soon as I let off the safety, and other times I feel like I'd pull and pull and pull and it just wouldn't fire. So then I got a little jumpy with it. I recently switched back to the thumb and have reduced the target panic a bit. Just have some work to do.