Thumb release

qwerksc

WKR
I've been bouncing back and forth between the Wise Choice and the Evolution+. Been struggling with really bad target panic. Switched to the Evolution, and couldn't get consistent with my back wall pressure, so sometimes the release would fire as soon as I let off the safety, and other times I feel like I'd pull and pull and pull and it just wouldn't fire. So then I got a little jumpy with it. I recently switched back to the thumb and have reduced the target panic a bit. Just have some work to do.
Just keep shooting, It's hard for most people to get past the "punch yer self in the face phase"
I have a kisser button, gonna give the nose button a try. The key is consistent mechanics, reps, same every time, over and over. Watch lots of shoot offs with jesse Broadwater, Dave Cousins, Levi morgan, Tim Gillingham, Masters. 10,000 hours to become an expert...It's an Obsession!

MNMatt

FNG
I have a Nock 2 It and Stan Perfex Heavy Metal. Also have a Hot Shot Vapor as a backup, all good releases.

Zac

WKR
I've been bouncing back and forth between the Wise Choice and the Evolution+. Been struggling with really bad target panic. Switched to the Evolution, and couldn't get consistent with my back wall pressure, so sometimes the release would fire as soon as I let off the safety, and other times I feel like I'd pull and pull and pull and it just wouldn't fire. So then I got a little jumpy with it. I recently switched back to the thumb and have reduced the target panic a bit. Just have some work to do.
Had the same issue with the Evolution. Switched to the Stan and haven't sturggled with the inconsistent firings. I think the Evolution is an inferior design for true tension.

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
Started shooting with a Stan perfex blackout a while ago. I've been very impressed with it, still switch over to a back tension release on occasion just to keep me honest.

jmez

WKR
Stan Perfex. Not sure about other models but the Stan releases all have a safety pin you can put in them so they fire but don't release the string. Really nice in the off season, can draw the bow, come to anchor and practice shot execution without shooting an arrow. No worries about aiming or where it is going to hit.

Reactions: Zac

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
Spent the last 2 seasons committed to a Carter wise choice , filled my buck and elk tags this season. It's second nature when I shoot now not even something that I think about not so much last year but it's really made s difference in my target panic.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

NXTZ

Lil-Rokslider
Spot Hogg whipper snapper. 3 finger. Freakin love it. About 1/2 the price of the big name releases. Super simple function too-cock it and fire with the trigger, no separate mechanism. Way quieter than my buddy’s chocolate

Liking my Carter Wise Choice after the first week. And Carter made me a big fan for life because I got mine new from Scheels but I'm guessing someone messed with it, made it unusable, and returned it. I opened the package and same day called Carter. The warranty team had me send it in and they (at no charge to me) fixed it and shipped it back. Works like a charm.

7raptor

Lil-Rokslider
Nock 2 it mini, shot with resistance technique, and practice with a hinge.