Thumb release?

I have also been considering a thumb button, but I’ve heard couple professionals say if you shoot a wrist rocket good no reason to change just because the fad is doing it. One reason is trigger release keeps your d loop vertical while handheld so put some twist in d loop which can change shot.

Venom One

WKR
I have also been considering a thumb button, but I’ve heard couple professionals say if you shoot a wrist rocket good no reason to change just because the fad is doing it. One reason is trigger release keeps your d loop vertical while handheld so put some twist in d loop which can change shot.
Agree, trendy isn't a good reason to change. I switched because I hated the wrist release getting in the way every time I needed to use my right hand....which is quite often in the thick stuff I hunt.

JBiggs

Lil-Rokslider
I was in the same boat and went to a wise choice 4 years ago and have no complaints at all. I do get worried about losing it when I am out west hunting. Stays clipped to a tether on my bino harness. Can either take it off if i have time or I can shoot with it tethered as well

BBob

WKR
I've shot Carter's for years and have a Perfex. The Perfex is fantastic and more modular to set it up any way you want it. It has a lanyard hole so you can tether it if you like.

Button

WKR
I have a stan perfex long neck heavy metal on the way. Not sure when it will arrive as Lancaster is back ordered in the XL size. I wear large and xl gloves just depends on manufactures.

Another vote for Stan SX3. The trigger is fully adjustable and breaks clean and crisp with 0 travel. It’s nice for hunting because you don’t have a release dangling on your bow

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I switched to a tension release to cure target panic and now hunt with a thumb button. I am a much better shot with a thumb button, for me pulling through the shot works a lot easier with my carter wise choice........ If you can shoot an index finger release well theres no reason to change.

Venom One

WKR
I switched to a tension release to cure target panic and now hunt with a thumb button. I am a much better shot with a thumb button, for me pulling through the shot works a lot easier with my carter wise choice........ If you can shoot an index finger release well theres no reason to change.

What tension release are you using? I use a Wise Choice also for hunting and want to get a tension release that's similar to the Wise Choice. Dover said the Truball HBC was really close to matching the WC and I was headed that direction, but then I saw the Truball Fulkrum Flex. It's attractive because it has a closed index finger AND can be paired with the Abyss Flex which is a thumb release replica.

I considered the GOAT, but after watching a video I was turned away. It seemed to be really easy to forget what mode it was in and fire it unintentionally. Plus, it doesn't have a closed index.

I really like my Stan Perfex blackout. They are really crisp releases and super light so that you can hang em on the D-loop while tree stand hunting.

406unltd

WKR
If you ever consider a hinge I’d say the goat is worth looking at. You get a thumb and hinge in one release.

If you ever consider a hinge I’d say the goat is worth looking at. You get a thumb and hinge in one release.

I’ve never shot the goat, but I’m sure it’s a great release. I started shouting a sweet spot pro for hunting just for the safety. Truball makes some good stuff.

acesand8s

Lil-Rokslider
I really like my stan sx3. I also, have the shootout 3 which, is a good release, just don't like it as much.

406unltd

WKR
I’ve never shot the goat, but I’m sure it’s a great release. I started shouting a sweet spot pro for hunting just for the safety. Truball makes some good stuff.
I shot the sweet spot as well, good release.

Venom One

WKR
Have you guys seen the new Truball Abyss X Tension release? This thing is a neat piece of engineering. It's a thumb and tension release combined, but built so that regardless of what mode it's in, you do the same actions and you won't accidentally fire it.