Thunder Beast Recall

FYI, from Zac Smith on Snipershide:

We have discovered a welding fault present in a small fraction of the suppressors in some batches of Dominus and Ultra Gen2 suppressors
that were manufactured in 2020.

We are recalling, for evaluation and, if necessary, repair, some batches of Ultra Gen2 and Dominus suppressors.

If a suppressor with the fault present is fired, one of the last couple welds may fail, causing it to lose, usually, the endcap and the
last baffle. If this happens, the suppressor is still easily repairable. Our goal is to intercept and test all suppressors in affected
batches, and repair those where the fault is present.

We have a fast, non-destructive method to test suppressors for the presence of this fault. All suppressors that fail this test will be
repaired or replaced depending on the "Form" status.

If you have a suppressor affected by this recall, please do not fire it until it's been evaluated.

If you have one of the following serial numbers, please proceed to https://thunderbeastarms.com/g2recall and plug in your specific
serial number to determine if your supprssor needs evaluation.

ULTRA GEN2 with serial number between C40001 - C42000

DOMINUS-SR, CB, and K-SR with serial number between C30001 - C42000
also C10001-C10013; C10075-C10079; C20615

FOR FULL RECALL DETAILS PLEASE VISIT
https://thunderbeastarms.com/g2recall

Forest

WKR
Thanks for sharing. Looks like I'll be contacting my local shop on Monday. Hopefully they can send it in and get it checked out while I'm still waiting to get out of jail

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
i got all over this. Shipped mine Thursday and they received it Friday. Sounds like I beat the rush. I was told they’re telling everyone a couple weeks turn around.

83cj-7

WKR
Interesting, and it brings up a awesome story. My best friend has a 30p-1 that the end cap blew out of while he was getting ready for his yearly elk hunting trip. He was leaving in two weeks and was sure that he would have to go without a suppressor. He called TBAC and told them what happened. Not only did they fix it and get it back to him in time for the hunt, they upgraded the suppressor to an Ultra core. Now that’s customer service!

Gorp2007

WKR
Thanks for the heads up! Just emailed my local shop since my Ultra 7 is part of the recall, hopefully they can get mine sent in. Just submitted the ATF paperwork in Feb, so I’ve got time before it’s really mine anyways.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I've always had very positive experiences with TBAC customer service. Changing my CB to DT and not being able to find the damn brake and sending it 5 weeks later and still getting refunded. Ive also got a gen2 ultra 9 in jail that is within the affected serial range and going back. To my understanding its 1% of the cans in that serial range that are affected. Not all in that range are defective. My shop is sending mine back so when the ATF approves stamp I can pickup and not have to send back to TBAC.

Thanks for sharing. Mine was on the list. I'm getting a hold of my FFL today to get the ball rolling on getting it sent in.

Update to my previous post.

4/13 I contacted my ffl, He shipped my can to TBAC on 4/15 for inspection. I also contacted TBAC about converting my can from DT to CB while they had it in the shop, they said this would be easy to do, and they would call me when my can got to their shop.

TBAC contacted me on 4/23 notifying me that they received my can, and confirming that I still wanted to convert the mount. I paid for the conversion and a new CB brake.

4/28 I received a call from TBAC saying my can passed the tests, and the conversion was completed, and they were preparing to ship it back to my dealer. Also, same day received my CB brake in the mail.

Overall I am incredibly impressed with TBAC customer service and how quickly and easily they have handled this whole ordeal. In the end it worked out well for me, because it saved me from having to pay shipping to send my can in and have the mount converted.