Thunder beast silencers ultra 7 or ultra 9 ?

Hey guys looking for a thunder beast silencer for my barrett fieldcraft 6.5 creed 18" barrel . Wanted to see what your thoughts are on the ultra 7 or ultra 9. Also gonna go with the cb version not the dt.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I say 7 inch .30 cal for your first can, unless you will NEVER shoot anything bigger than 6.5. .

pirogue

WKR
I like my 7. Can’t imagine one considering a suppressor half the length of the barrel(9 for an 18” barrel.

OP
SavedByGrace2001
Is there that much of a difference in sound between the 7 and the 9. I lost Hearing in my left ear three years ago so I'm doing whatever I can to protect it in my ear. Thanks for the reply so far

B23

WKR
If you're going to mostly be shooting this gun from some kind of bench or somewhere that you aren't in around under etc then I'd probably give a harder look to the Ultra9 but if that isn't the case and you'll be out and about with it screwed on the end then I'd definitely go Ultra7.

OP
SavedByGrace2001
Thanks guys for the info, seems every one is saying go with the ultra 7. Any first hand experience with the dominus CB from thunder beast, the are .75 shorter but larger in diameter, I believe 1.8" they also are 2db quieter. Thanks

Ucsdryder

WKR
Just FYI, I ordered mine nov 3 and it was approved 3/24. Shop said it’s been taking up to a month to get paperwork back, but there’s a good chance I’ll have it in April. 5.5 months!!!!!

OP
SavedByGrace2001
Yeah I just talked to the ffl I'm going to get it shipped to, and they said lately it's been taking 6 months. Hopefully I'll have it by hunting season

OP
SavedByGrace2001
Yep, I bought a Dominus CB last fall. They cashed the check 9/25, it was approved 2/28 and my FFL got the stamp 3/23.
Let me know how you like it, I was trying to decide between the two, but went with the ultra 7 , because I thought the dominus might block some of my sight view on talley lows, being I'm running a leupy 2-7 cds

mp12

FNG
For those of you that got your suppresors, what do you think? I'm looking between the Dominus / Ultra 9 / Ultra 7 at the moment.

Main concern is if the 9 or Dominus is too much to carry in the backcountry. Seems like it is only another 8 oz which isn't too much more?... and it would be nice to have max suppression when at the range.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Main concern is if the 9 or Dominus is too much to carry in the backcountry. Seems like it is only another 8 oz which isn't too much more?... and it would be nice to have max suppression when at the range.
The Ultra 7 suppresses great for hunting use; I see no need for anything bigger/heavier in a backcountry hunting context. For range competition, where inches and ounces don't matter much, sure go bigger and quieter. But if you'll truly be in the backcountry, I (personally) wouldn't go bigger than the 7.

Flyrodr

FNG
I practice at a 100m indoor range a good amount (with 6.5CM), and thus went with the Ultra 9. Can't compare it to the U7, other than to say that the RSOs tell me they REALLY like the 9. Almost, one said, as much as they hate shooters with SBRs and muzzle brakes.

More or less as was stated earlier, I'd go with as much suppression as you can handle (tote and/or maneuver in the woods). One never knows when there might be a big rock outcropping next to you that reflects the sound right back at you.