Thunder beast

Chad5658

FNG
Thinking about getting my first can. An ultra 9 in 30 cal from thunder beast. Will be used on a 6.5 creedmoor. Anyone out there using one that can offer advice

Skyewalker

Lil-Rokslider
If you plan on packing it I’d recommend getting the 7 or the 5. I have the 9 but because of the length it sits on my practice rig nowadays, I have plenty other shorter and lighter cans that I’d rather hike with. TB is a great choice no matter what you get from them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

Chad5658

FNG
This is mostly a varmint fun gun in Pennsylvania,will not be taking in far from utv. So length not a super big issue just want quite and not effective accuracy

Skyewalker

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly majority of the top of the line cans out there do not effect accuracy whatsoever. They’ll change POI vs unsupressed but that’s a non-issue as all of them will be repeatable shifts. The 9” is noticeably quieter than the shorter ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baeloth

FNG
My hunting buddy has the ultra 7 he runs on his 308 kimber Adirondack and his steyr scout. they both shoot great and are pretty quite.

Baron85

WKR
I have the older 30ba but it’s my favorite can. Keep wanting to buy one of the newer thunderbeast cans. Thunderbeast is definitely worth the extra cost!

Baron85

WKR
They are light weight, and designed with precision in mind. Not sure currently, but I know a few years ago they were number 1 in the PRS game by quite a margin.

They have also been around for a long time so most likely won’t disappear. They also have excellent customer service.

Me personally, I liked the weight and precision orientation of their cans. With that being said, I have cans from thunderbeast, silencer Co, SWR, liberty, and bowers. All have been good for their intended purposes but the thunderbeast is my favorite.

If I was personally going with another can it would be an ultra 7 or ultra 5, whichever you pick you wont be going wrong with though.

The difference in a 9 to a 7 wont be much and while you say length isn't an issue, shorter is always a little nicer. The 5s are a little noticeably louder but still plenty quiet for taking a shot here and there.

My first can was the old 30P-1 and it was a great can. I went with a SiCo Omega for my next one due to other options, but have eyeing an Ultra 5 for my hunting rig.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Baron85

WKR
Supposedly the new ultra 7 is as quiet if not quieter than the older thunderbeast 9” cans.

Can anyone comment on the recoil reduction between the ultra 5, 7, and 9? I’m considering one of these mainly for the ability to sight my shots without the added noise of a brake.

Can anyone comment on the recoil reduction between the ultra 5, 7, and 9? I’m considering one of these mainly for the ability to sight my shots without the added noise of a brake.
I have not shot all 3 side by side but I have shot several different models and brands of suppressors and have never noticed one to be noticeably better other than maybe the anchor brake on a SiCo Omega.

If you aren't familiar with recoil of a can, it is less than a bare muzzle but it is not like shooting with a brake. More of a push type impulse.

My buddy has a 300 NM that he has shot with an ultra 5 and an ultra 7 on there. He told me the 7 does make a noticeable difference in mitigating recoil over the ultra 5. I called BS....shot both.....ate crow.

On other smaller cartridges it is certainly a less noticeable difference.

What are your overall thoughts of the ultra 5 Luke? Have you shot one on 6.5’s or 7mm’s?

I like the idea of one for a pure hunting can for a 6.5, but have a 30 cal ultra 7 that should be out of jail any day now and not sure if the 5 would be worth trying.

FlyGuy

WKR
My buddy has a 300 NM that he has shot with an ultra 5 and an ultra 7 on there. He told me the 7 does make a noticeable difference in mitigating recoil over the ultra 5. I called BS....shot both.....ate crow.

On other smaller cartridges it is certainly a less noticeable difference.

Can’t speak from personal experience, but I just asked this question to a guy at a local gun shop. He said exactly what Luke did about the 5 and 7; but he felt like there was negligible difference in felt recoil between the 7 and 9 (main difference would be decibels). Someone else on here may be able to confirm that.

You can’t cheat the mountain

I have shot Ultra 5 side by side to the Ultra 7 both 24" 6.5 CMs There is certainly a noise increase with the Ultra 5 no doubt but not terrible. As such it doesn't have me wishing for a Ultra 5 to save the 2" when I already also have an SiCo Omega that is 6" without the anchor brake. If you wanted simply a dedicated suppressor and the goal was simply to mitigate the ringing ears while hunting the ultra 5 is a sweet little piece. I just don't see the need for me given what I already have.
I have never shot my Omega without the anchor brake. Is the recoil difference with and without it on noticeable?

I honestly can't tell the difference at all. It reduces recoil a decent amount both on or off so I'll take the shorter length of the flat end cap as well. If you get a TI direct thread mount as well as a TI flat end cap you can get your Omega down to 6" long and 12 oz of weight.
Yup I have run direct thread for a while. Never have run the flat end cap though.

I use mine on a 22" WM though. May need to try some side by side.

You have the direct thread that came with the suppressor??

I was referring to after market TI flat end caps and direct thread mounts you can give for them to save weight as the steel direct thread that comes with it is def heavier. The shortened flat end cap to make it shorter was more important than the lighter weight but since I was ordering the flat end cap I order the ti direct thread from a gentleman that offers them. He makes them in batches so it takes some time to get them depending how long you are inbetween batches.
Can you send me the guys info please?