ItemB

Lil-Rokslider
Good news, I wonder if they could ever annouce having cb brakes or flash hiders back in stock. I really like my ultra 9 but don't know if I would recommend thunderbeast just based on the fact of the brakes and flash hiders always being out of stock.

khuber84

WKR
Good news, I wonder if they could ever annouce having cb brakes or flash hiders back in stock. I really like my ultra 9 but don't know if I would recommend thunderbeast just based on the fact of the brakes and flash hiders always being out of stock.
Run the area 419 can mount, it also let's you use their hellfire and sidewinder self timing brakes mounted to them. Great system and more affordable/available than the TBAC mounts.

ItemB

Lil-Rokslider
The 419 can mount looks interesting didn't even know that existed going to have to watch the videos on it tonight. And if my dealer is able to order through thunderbeast I can get a discount from him, he is just a small time dealer and tells me they are out of stock or could take a while to get, maybe he is full of it or doesn't want to go through the hassle 🤷.

ItemB

Lil-Rokslider
I just got word that my most recent Ultra-7 (Gen 1) was approved, so hopefully I'll get it in my hands before Thanksgiving. I ended up using a cert for a Gen 2 Ultra-7........should have it sometime 2022

Whooooooo, I need to up my google skills and find me a certificate 🤣. I think I'd like to try out the shorter dominus.

Good weights. I was looking at a Nomad Ti. These are right there on the weight. Will have to give some consideration to these.

BigPrince

FNG
Definitely run the Area419 mounts. I run Hellfire mounts exclusively on precision rifles for Dead Air / Thunderbreast (ultra 5 and Ultra 7 gen 1) / Silencerco cans. They work great. The Hellfire brakes are also really effective and I'll just run the brake sometimes. The only thing on the TBACs compared to my other cans is I wish they had replaceable end caps in the unlucky event of an endcap strike.

I wish Gen1s could be upgraded but pretty sure that's just a wish given the different construction of the Gen2.

I also used a cert on a 338 Ultra. I'll never do a cert again and if I get another I'll just sell it. I got both my Ultra 5 and Ultra 7 form4 approved in less time than it took the 338 Ultra to get to my dealer from Thunderbeast to start it's form4. The certs are a good thing, they're just not for me given the wait time. There will probably be a Gen2 338 before I get my Gen1 approved. (No info on that, just the normal sarcastic bitterness of getting the last gen model weeks before the new gen comes out).

BigPrince

FNG
Just to be sure - I don’t think I’ve ever expected a can “right now”. It’d be nice but NFA items are not for the impatient. Going from, it could take a year for nfa approval to sometime under 2 years / in the time I could get an MBA - that’s too long for me. I’d rather have sold the cert and used the cash to buy outright and pay a little extra. It took 8mo for my 338 ultra. They were only 2-3weeks past the 7mo I was told as well.

Good luck on the batch lottery. I got lucky a couple times last year when some folks started getting early approvals because they had some new folks pulling from the top rather than bottom of the pile.

I bit the bullet and bought an Ultra 7 Gen 2 yesterday. I had been keeping my eyes open ever since I saw them announced, and when I saw capitol armory got a shipment in yesterday I had to jump on one. This will be my first can, I am super excited to try it out, I have heard a lot of good things about the Ultras.

Now the wait begins.

Reactions: B23

B23

WKR
I bit the bullet and bought an Ultra 7 Gen 2 yesterday. I had been keeping my eyes open ever since I saw them announced, and when I saw capitol armory got a shipment in yesterday I had to jump on one. This will be my first can, I am super excited to try it out, I have heard a lot of good things about the Ultras.

Now the wait begins.
Ugh, you poor guy the "wait" for the first one is definitely the worst. The time doesn't get any shorty for the next one but it seems the wait is a little less painful.

You made a very good choice and probably purchased the best can in its class. I'm many states away from CA and I've purchased multiple cans and a few guns from them CA has always been great to work with.

Ugh, you poor guy the "wait" for the first one is definitely the worst. The time doesn't get any shorty for the next one but it seems the wait is a little less painful.

You made a very good choice and probably purchased the best can in its class. I'm many states away from CA and I've purchased multiple cans and a few guns from them CA has always been great to work with.
Ya it's going to be a good test of my patience. CA has been great, I bought my can yesterday morning, my FFL contacted them shortly after to give his info, they already had the form 3 submitted this morning, not even 24 hours. I went ahead and bought their CA gun trust they offer on their website, that made setting up a trust really easy, it was not nearly as daunting of a process as I expected it to be.

Sportsman

Lil-Rokslider

Ya it's going to be a good test of my patience. CA has been great, I bought my can yesterday morning, my FFL contacted them shortly after to give his info, they already had the form 3 submitted this morning, not even 24 hours. I went ahead and bought their CA gun trust they offer on their website, that made setting up a trust really easy, it was not nearly as daunting of a process as I expected it to be.
Had to do a double take because California (CA) is definitely not great for guns and on the no no list for cans!

B23

WKR
Had to do a double take because California (CA) is definitely not great for guns and on the no no list for cans!
Ha, ya I can see how that could make you think huh?! But the CA we were referring to was Capitol Armory which is a great shop to work with in Tx and definitely not that other CA.