What’s a cert?

Yep, certs are not the way to go if you want it "right now" - TBAC is projecting a serial number for my Gen 2 order to be sometime in May or June (about 7 months). My most recent Ultra-7 took 7 months to undergo review.

The savings you get with a cert and already owning multiple TBACs makes the wait a non-issue for me. Plus, I'm thinking I'll Form 1 a 22 can next year to see if I'll luck out with a batch approval on the Gen 2 U7, LOL.

Definitely run the Area419 mounts. I run Hellfire mounts exclusively on precision rifles for Dead Air / Thunderbreast (ultra 5 and Ultra 7 gen 1) / Silencerco cans. They work great. The Hellfire brakes are also really effective and I'll just run the brake sometimes. The only thing on the TBACs compared to my other cans is I wish they had replaceable end caps in the unlucky event of an endcap strike.

I have just one ultra 7 cb and use the a419 system. Id advise against it just because there is too much going on and mine seems to loosen up too often. Seems like I have to crank things down almost too tight to feel good about it.

Any tips/tricks to keep things locked in place without over torquing everything on?

Tex68w

WKR
I put a Gen 2 Ultra 7 CB on Form 4 earlier this week. Fingers crossed I have it by years end lol.

Last edited:

B23

WKR
I put a Gen 2 Ultra 7 CB on Form 1 earlier this week. Fingers crossed I have it by years end lol.
Isn't a Form 1 where you plan to make your own suppressor? I don't understand the above sentence.

B23

WKR
He can't make his own TBAC Ultra 7. Only TBAC can make an Ultra 7....
That's why I'm confused by "I put a Gen 2 Ultra 7 CB on Form 1 earlier this week.". Maybe it's just a misunderstanding of the terminology and or process, or maybe I'm missing something which is possible too.

carter33

WKR
I have just one ultra 7 cb and use the a419 system. Id advise against it just because there is too much going on and mine seems to loosen up too often. Seems like I have to crank things down almost too tight to feel good about it.

Any tips/tricks to keep things locked in place without over torquing everything on?

I just ordered a gen2 ultra 5 that came in stock at capitol armory, I was kinda banking on the area419 system to switch between a brake and the suppressor on a few rifles. The TBAC CB mounts are hard to find also. Which portion seems to loosen up too much? The adapter that screws in on the suppressor or on the rifle?

I have a few area419 products and they are pretty awesome but I could see how this mount system could be tough to make perfect.