Thunderbeast...which one?!

Ucsdryder

WKR
Picking up a thunderbeast tomorrow for my tikka superlight 300wm. It might play on my AR down the road. I was going to go with the ultra 7 but I was thinking about going with the dominus. I heard it was better on gas guns?

BadDogPSD

WKR
Either will work well. Dominus is rated for full-auto, but the Ultra series can handle some punishment too. If you're prone to doing a lot of mag dumps with your AR's, Dominus might be a better fit.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
I’m not into mag dumps. I was told the dominus disperses the gases better and you won’t get as much blow back. They weigh the same, one is a little shorter and fatter, one is longer and skinnier. One is 135 dollars more. Hmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

WTFJohn

WKR
I’m not into mag dumps. I was told the dominus disperses the gases better and you won’t get as much blow back. They weigh the same, one is a little shorter and fatter, one is longer and skinnier. One is 135 dollars more. Hmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

For what it's worth - I have some 1.625" dia Ti cans and a 1.5" dia Rugged Radiant, the Radiant is probably quieter overall in it's long config but the tone of the shorter & fatter 1.625" dia cans is much better to my ear and is the setup I leave on my hunting guns.

Tbuckus

WKR
Can’t help you wi this the comparison, but I’m very happy with my Ultra 7.
another option you can do is buy a second for your AR. Trust me, once you get one, you’ll want another.

I went through the same decision a month ago and for the same purpose. I was ready to buy an ultra 7 but I couldn't find one in stock. While waiting, I learned about the new dominus. To me, the fatter profile seems like a worthy development as it reduces the sound a little more with the same weight of the ultra 7. With that said, a narrower profile on a hunting rifle would be nice.

I suppose what tipped me towards the dominus was it being the 'latest and greatest' and perhaps more future proof. That, and I could easily find one in stock.

204guy

WKR
First things. How are you going to attach to your superlite? 1/2-28 threads I'd assume. You'll need to run an adapter if direct thread or have someone bore out a 223cb brake. TB will not do a 1/2" .30 cal can.

For the can I'd get whatever you feel suits your current host best. You'll almost certainly get another for your AR. You can't really move a smoking hot can from gun to gun. So you need at least 2 as you let guns cool. ;)

First things. How are you going to attach to your superlite? 1/2-28 threads I'd assume. You'll need to run an adapter if direct thread or have someone bore out a 223cb brake. TB will not do a 1/2" .30 cal can.
This is a very good question and I would highly recommend OP call TBAC to ask them. For a 30 cal can I don't think anything less than 9/16-24 threads are a good idea. But TBAC may feel differently.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
I went with the dominus! Now the wait begins. I’m taking my rifle to TBAC and they’re going to face mount the brake because my tikka has a .625 muzzle diameter. Hoping for a 4-5 month wait vs a 8-10 month wait!!!

msstate56

Lil-Rokslider
Good choice. I wouldn't get your hopes up on the wait. The best advice I've ever heard for Form 4 is to mail it off, then forget about it. One day down the road you'll get a call from your dealer saying your stamp is in, and it will be like a present to yourself.

crich

WKR
I went with the dominus! Now the wait begins. I’m taking my rifle to TBAC and they’re going to face mount the brake because my tikka has a .625 muzzle diameter. Hoping for a 4-5 month wait vs a 8-10 month wait!!!
Curious where you made your purchase. Im about to pick up one of these two cans as well. Id like to go with the simplicity through silencershop since they already have my trust and prints.

gearguywb

WKR
I have an Ultra 7 that I swap back and for the between a couple of rifles. Spends the majority of time on a PRS built 6.5 CM. Very happy with it.

DWro17

FNG
I just got my ultra 7 out of jail. Took just less than 6 months. I ordered area 419 adapters for all my cans and their mounts for all my rifles. I think it’s the best system going give it a look.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
I just got my ultra 7 out of jail. Took just less than 6 months. I ordered area 419 adapters for all my cans and their mounts for all my rifles. I think it’s the best system going give it a look.
Curious why you went with the area 419 over the TBAC muzzle mount? Price appears to be almost the same.

DWro17

FNG
Well the mounts are way cheaper, $40 vs $125 and I did it bc I have a silencerco too and I can run them all on the same mounts now. Watch the YouTube video where he swaps cans on the same rifle and impacts are very close between the 2 different brand cans and the muzzle brake. It’s impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWro17

FNG
Another thing is they actually have them in stock and when I ordered I received them in 3 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk