Thunderbeast...which one?!

Hogkane

Lil-Rokslider
First things. How are you going to attach to your superlite? 1/2-28 threads I'd assume. You'll need to run an adapter if direct thread or have someone bore out a 223cb brake. TB will not do a 1/2" .30 cal can.

For the can I'd get whatever you feel suits your current host best. You'll almost certainly get another for your AR. You can't really move a smoking hot can from gun to gun. So you need at least 2 as you let guns cool. ;)
Spot on, you'll end up getting 2

fwafwow

WKR
Picking up a thunderbeast tomorrow for my tikka superlight 300wm. It might play on my AR down the road. I was going to go with the ultra 7 but I was thinking about going with the dominus. I heard it was better on gas guns?
Resurrecting this thread as I have a very similar question - which TBAC for a Tikka 223 being cut to ~16"? Note, I already have the Ultra 9 (Gen 1), but I'd consider shorter and lighter for hunting - BUT I'd love the *chance* of going without ear pro in the woods. (To date, I've not shot the Ultra 9 without ear pro, and admit that I've not yet looked at reported dB reductions to determine if it would be worth any risk for me in doing so.)

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Resurrecting this thread as I have a very similar question - which TBAC for a Tikka 223 being cut to ~16"? Note, I already have the Ultra 9 (Gen 1), but I'd consider shorter and lighter for hunting - BUT I'd love the *chance* of going without ear pro in the woods. (To date, I've not shot the Ultra 9 without ear pro, and admit that I've not yet looked at reported dB reductions to determine if it would be worth any risk for me in doing so.)

Ultra 7 will do it. The UL5 is not hearing safe, or is right at it. For the same use, the CGS Hyperion K is shorter and sounds better to most than either.

Ultra 7 will do it. The UL5 is not hearing safe, or is right at it. For the same use, the CGS Hyperion K is shorter and sounds better to most than either.
Haven't shot a hyperion k, but I have shot a helios qd ti, a friend's hyperion, a dominus k Sr, a dominus cb, an ultra7, and a 338 ultra Sr. Out of what I've seen, I would've told him the dominus. Sounds like I need to try a hyperion k.

fwafwow

WKR
Haven't shot a hyperion k, but I have shot a helios qd ti, a friend's hyperion, a dominus k Sr, a dominus cb, an ultra7, and a 338 ultra Sr. Out of what I've seen, I would've told him the dominus. Sounds like I need to try a hyperion k.
I’m looking at the Hyperion K. But I’m leaning towards sticking with TBAC. They have helped me out in the past with some amazing customer service, and they are cutting and threading my barrel. I may stay with the Ultra 9 (the Ultra 7 only saves me 2”), unless I could find a 5” that would be hearing safe. Also I’d like to keep my bolt actions on the same system for attachments.

I’m looking at the Hyperion K. But I’m leaning towards sticking with TBAC. They have helped me out in the past with some amazing customer service, and they are cutting and threading my barrel. I may stay with the Ultra 9 (the Ultra 7 only saves me 2”), unless I could find a 5” that would be hearing safe. Also I’d like to keep my bolt actions on the same system for attachments.
Dominus CB is essentially the same performance as the ultra 7, but with a shorter and fatter form factor. Would have the same attachments as your other cans.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
If I had a 9 I’d go super short or super big. Either the 5 or the 338 ultra. I just got the 338 ultra. It’s sweeeeet.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Ultra 7 and dominus are badass, similar weight and suppression level. I went with the ultra 7 but I do t even own an AR15.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I went with the dominus! Now the wait begins. I’m taking my rifle to TBAC and they’re going to face mount the brake because my tikka has a .625 muzzle diameter. Hoping for a 4-5 month wait vs a 8-10 month wait!!!
You should get a permanent thread adapter/shoulder set up so you can direct thread 5/8x24.