Tick/Lyme Exposure - New Protocol

wildernessmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Roksliders...

If you are like me, you spend a lot of time in tick-ville, and probably have a high chance of getting exposed to Lyme's (and other tick diseases). Personally I have stayed aggressive with treatments whenever I even suspected I was exposed. Its too much of a risk - especially on the east coast where I live.

That said, my fiance and I were recently helping rescue a 2 week old fawn, and got pretty densely exposed to ticks. The first day was hideous the number of ticks we were cleaning off the fawn and ourselves.

As a result I contact my doc who like myself is a former SF Medic, so we have a good "working relationship". He also is an avid hunter and outdoorsman so he keeps current on this stuff.

Apparently there is a new protocol now where you take a double dose of doxy 1 time within 48 hours of potential exposure (versus a long regular course of doxy).

Just wanted to let you guys know. It might be good to talk with your docs and get either an "on call" script for it, or like I do just keep some doxy around.

Hope this helps.

Luke Stephens
Wilderness Master