Tick removal

If you know a Doctor Doxycycline is not bad to start taking if your got a nasty tick bite… quicker the better.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I actually had a tick on the rim of my eyelid once. I did not check myself and went to sleep and woke up to a surprise!

Given the location I went with an ice cube on the tick and after a few minutes I was able to pull him out. Crazy place to have a tick.

OP
Mikedr

Mikedr

WKR
I actually had a tick on the rim of my eyelid once. I did not check myself and went to sleep and woke up to a surprise!

Given the location I went with an ice cube on the tick and after a few minutes I was able to pull him out. Crazy place to have a tick.
That sounds like a nightmare!

Ratbeetle

WKR
If you know a Doctor Doxycycline is not bad to start taking if your got a nasty tick bite… quicker the better.

Truth. Erhlichiosis put me down hard; the worst headaches, fever and night sweats I ever had. A couple days on doxy and it was like I was never sick at all.

I hate ticks. Pulled 4 lone stars off me this afternoon before they could latch on.

Put peanut butter over them
And they’ll suffocate then tweezer em out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Trying to suffocate ticks using petroleum jelly and the like is a good way to get an infection or catch a disease.

ZAK13

Lil-Rokslider
I have a couple of those tick keys, so far they've been a bust, unless the tick is large, if it's a small tick they don't work. Oregano oil seems to work much better.

Ya'll got my skin crawling... After 3 years of moderate drought and not seeing any ticks during the spring, the return to normal+ moisture had them out in droves in my yard. Dogs were bringing them in every time they went out, and you just couldn't move around at all without having a couple on you. Fortunately, our ticks are all pickers too.

Why isn't there a pill that people can take to kill them like dogs? If there was a 30 day solution like Nexgard for people I'd sign up!

Gutshotem

WKR
Ya'll got my skin crawling... After 3 years of moderate drought and not seeing any ticks during the spring, the return to normal+ moisture had them out in droves in my yard. Dogs were bringing them in every time they went out, and you just couldn't move around at all without having a couple on you. Fortunately, our ticks are all pickers too.

Why isn't there a pill that people can take to kill them like dogs? If there was a 30 day solution like Nexgard for people I'd sign up!
If your dogs are staying in the yard and still picking that many up, I'd give the yard a spray. I spray mine twice a year and it seems to work pretty well. I also use the same concentrate to mix and spray my hunting clothes.

If your dogs are staying in the yard and still picking that many up, I'd give the yard a spray. I spray mine twice a year and it seems to work pretty well. I also use the same concentrate to mix and spray my hunting clothes.

Interesting stuff. We mow about 2.5-3 acres and I saw in the comments they don't recommend this for broadcast spraying to control mosquitos. What rate do you use to mix for your yard?