Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock...it's about to go down fellaz!

Jdog

WKR
Those of you heading out for the AK opener...you only got a few weeks!

I don't head out until end of Aug...

Waiting for my new Kifaru pack...ready to hit the mtns!

September 15th for me in Washington. Can't wait. Fortunately I have Nevada antelope to break up the summer.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
We fly out Aug 9th up here in AK!! Taking enough stuff to stay the entire 16 day season if that's what it takes. Can't wait!

tstowater

WKR
Wife told me yesterday that I was leaving in 37 days. I thinking that she is tired of me and wishes it was tomorrow. Never been to Alaska and I am really looking forward to the trip.

I'm not headed out with a rifle until the 20th. If we can get a break in the weather, I'll be doing a scouting trip over the weekend though. Trying a new valley this year, and I have high hopes!

Yk

swat8888

WKR
15 days and a wake-up....hopefully the weather gods don't change that....just let my plane touch down in my drainage on time...then its off to the races.

Bighorse

WKR
I'm a later season guy too Yellowknife. We won't be in DS165 until August 22. My daughter is getting more and more pumped. Yesterday she humped 30 pounds 2.5 miles, ran three packless, then returned 2.5 with her pack. She is 13 and realizing that soon she'll be having a hunting experience adults dream of.

docdb

Lil-Rokslider
Headed to the Yukon August 30, to hunt with Blackstone. I was skunked last time, but I'm super pumped. I think the new Kenetreks are feeling good, the McHale pack is tried and true, and my NULA .30-06 is reborn after a super thorough clean, ceracote, and new crown. Throw in a few odds and ends, and Whitehorse here we come!
PS working on a digiscoping set up with my Nikon spotter, special adaptor and iPhone .......ought a be a good time.

sk1

WKR
7 days here! early season elk hunting in the high uinta wilderness, sitting here at my desk packing/browsing

My buddy is headed up to hunt the Brooks but we had just a little bit of time so we tried a day hunt on the opener. W got on to a small band of rams but just couldn't make the biggest quite full curl. The area has a history of age legal sheep in the 7/8-15/16ths curl but with the heat waves counting rings was a no go. Gotta love being an Alaskan! Where else can you day hunt sheep with a free over the counter harvest ticket?

tstowater

WKR
T minus 17 days. Last minute flurry of small orders last week and everything here except the KUIU order which will go out today or tomorrow and the REI order that should be here in the next day or two. As a nonresident, I don't get free OTC licenses and tags. Interesting, while I was typing this, got an email from my outfitter. He had just gotten satellite email service. Not sure that being accessible is always good. Tick, Tock, clock gets slower.

tstowater

WKR
Just checking the weather in Anchorage. Leaving the office at noon until the 13th of September. Life is Good!!! Too bad I can't just throw away the cell phone. It has been the zoo at the office that I expected the last week. Happens everytime, but it is worth it.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just checking the weather in Anchorage. Leaving the office at noon until the 13th of September. Life is Good!!! Too bad I can't just throw away the cell phone. It has been the zoo at the office that I expected the last week. Happens everytime, but it is worth it.

It's been gorgeous here the last two days, and looks to be more bluebird skies today! Travel safely, and have an awesome trip!