Tight groups..to the left at 40?

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys I’m back again with a new problem occurring. Ok so paper tuned bow with new Hamskea rest. Got bullet holes at 3-10 yards, was drilling the target at 20-30 on a levelish area. Well I back up to 40yards up a slight hill. We’re taking a -7 degrees on the Range finder.
So I take some shots and I’m doing my best to have form/ relaxed wrist exc. Hinge release going off unknowingly and focusing on my aim and Sight level being in the middle. Well at 40 even with shots that feel good I’m stacking arrows, actually hitting eachother but to the left of the target 5 inches or so.
Driving me crazy trying to figure out what’s going on. Moving my rest did not help. Only thing I can think of is my 3rd axis? But at only a 7 degree would that even come into play? Appreciate the feedback.

jmez

WKR
Sight it in at 40. Then go back to 20 and see where it is. Things magnify at distance. Won't take much if an adjustment to bring it in at 40. Will likely still be on at 20.

That's the easy fix if it works. If not you'll likely need to shim or twist yokes depending on the bow.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sight it in at 40. Then go back to 20 and see where it is. Things magnify at distance. Won't take much if an adjustment to bring it in at 40. Will likely still be on at 20.

And if your 40 is centered but your 20 is off, that will answer the question of 3rd axis.
It’ll help trouble shoot if nothing else, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
1woolie89

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider

That's the easy fix if it works. If not you'll likely need to shim or twist yokes depending on the bow.

I will give this a try after sun up Tomorrow thanks

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Keep us posted. I’ll check in to see what happens. I’m curious.

OP
1woolie89

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
And if your 40 is centered but your 20 is off, that will answer the question of 3rd axis.
It’ll help trouble shoot if nothing else, right?

True yeah definitely Gona give it a try!

SlimTim

FNG
Noting that I'm really inexperienced: I had a similar problem and worked out that I was slightly changing my facial pressure when shooting up hill and this was pushing my arrows the the left (I'm right handed).

I agree. Try third axis. If that’s fine, walk back tune.

Fast eddie XL and what housing? Double pin?

If using a multiple pin housing and you are still setting individual pins, they can be off a little on the vertical wire even tho it's hard to see.

If this is coming from a single or double pin then I'd agree it's your 3rd axis being out. Seems like it's a lot tho for 7degrees. I could see 6" at maybe 25-30 degrees shooting 40.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You moved your rest and that didn't help?????? Moving your rest will definitely move your arrows somewhere else depending on where you moved it. That might not be the fix, but the arrows definitely should have moved.

Reactions: Zac

Zac

WKR
Yeah I would agree not to move your rest just yet. First of all how are you setting your 3rd Axis? If it's not with a Hamskea level and a plumb line then it may be off slightly. Also what kind of impacts are you seeing with bare shafts and broadheads at 40?

OP
1woolie89

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
Fast eddie XL and what housing? Double pin?

If using a multiple pin housing and you are still setting individual pins, they can be off a little on the vertical wire even tho it's hard to see.

If this is coming from a single or double pin then I'd agree it's your 3rd axis being out. Seems like it's a lot tho for 7degrees. I could see 6" at maybe 25-30 degrees shooting 40.
Yes sir fast Eddie XL single pin.

OP
1woolie89

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I would agree not to move your rest just yet. First of all how are you setting your 3rd Axis? If it's not with a Hamskea level and a plumb line then it may be off slightly. Also what kind of impacts are you seeing with bare shafts and broadheads at 40?
I used the joint of my walls that well I’m assuming the contractor plumed correctly. Going to hang a plum line now to double check it.

OP
1woolie89

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
I move it
You moved your rest and that didn't help?????? Moving your rest will definitely move your arrows somewhere else depending on where you moved it. That might not be the fix, but the arrows definitely should have moved.
1/8inc Twice and it didn’t seem to budge it over. Groups were tight though.

OP
1woolie89

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
Be checking a few things here soon, keep you guys posted. Hopefully it’s not gona a full retune lol

OP
1woolie89

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
Bow specs:
Prime Centergy 65# @29.5 draw
Fast Eddie XL single pin
Hamskea trinity hunter pro rest
AAE hot rod stabilizer
Arrows: VAP SS 300’s with 75grains insert 3 fletch aae max stealth. 502 grains. Release: B3 Ranger hinge

Last edited: