Tight sleeved jacket

Pflum

FNG
Looking for ideas on a cold weather jacket, for treestand whitetail hunting. I'm pretty prone to hitting my sleeve with my string. I wear tight fitting shirts with a vest until it gets down in the 30s, then I need a jacket. I have in the past used armguards, cut up socks, etc to compress my bow arm sleeve, but would like to get away from that. Any suggestions are appreciated.

ledflight

WKR
DayOne Camo jackets come with straps to tighten your sleeves - 2 on each arm. I got one in the cowboy suede lined with windstop from someone on here and it's quiet, warm and windproof. They also have wool and fleece options. Highly recommend.

OP
P

Pflum

FNG
Funny you should mention Day One, that's what I was leaning towards. I have a fleece vest with wind stop and some cowboy suede pants. Very happy with both. I didn't know that about their jacket sleeves. I was planning on calling Gary and asking how they fit.

ledflight

WKR
I bet you'll like it. I would say they're a good medium - I have slightly short arms and for me cinching the straps keeps them in position but I bet a regular guy would be fine. I have room to layer under, the vest would be perfect I bet.

oldgoat

WKR
Think the Day One guy retired, not sure about that and not sure if company was passed on, but seems like I read that on bowsite

OP
P

Pflum

FNG
I've heard that rumor too, but Day One is still in business.

I ordered a Plythal jacket from Camo Fire. They had them for $50, so worth a shot. If I don't like it I'll order one from Day One.