Tight Spot vs Hoyt carbon shorty

cayres67

FNG
Hey guys. I have a tight spot quiver that I use right now and I am a fan. I have been thinking of trying out a Hoyt brand quiver to help reduce the weight of my setup. One thing that I’m weary of is how far the Hoyt quivers hang out from the side of the bow. I really like how compact the tight spot is so I was wondering if anybody has used both of them and what their thoughts are. I also would be opposed to using a two piece quiver since I plan on leaving it attached to the bow. Thanks

Felton

WKR
The Hoyt quivers have a couple different mounting post lengths and you can angle the whole quiver back into the bow to help keep a tighter profile. I’ll try to post a couple pictures when I get home to help explain.

Marble

WKR
The Hoyt quivers have a couple different mounting post lengths and you can angle the whole quiver back into the bow to help keep a tighter profile. I’ll try to post a couple pictures when I get home to help explain.
And they are super silent. A few of the tight spots I've put my hands on lately were noisy .

And mine sits right up against my bow.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
my 2 piece hoyt is awesome , fits tighter than a tight spot , its quiet . and its 6 arrow . ! Im a huge tight spot fan , but the new hoyt is better all around for me , in my opinion .

Felton

WKR
Here’s a couple pictures of the longer mounting bracket and quiver on my bow.

B7B2B45C-603D-44B5-A1CF-AA5FD6A8E212.jpeg

29643C3A-2969-4C9E-BA9E-3669B932447D.jpeg

Archerichards

Lil-Rokslider
Just agreeing with this. I have a new, 6 arrow, short carbon Hoyt quiver. I was doubtful about it, but now that I have played around with it I think I am going to like it a lot. Very tight fit on my bow, making for a very slim profile. And it is detachable, with lots of adjustment.

OP
cayres67

cayres67

FNG
Thanks for the replies guys got really caught up in work so i am just able to look at this now

Jhiggy300

FNG
I know this is a few months old but I have the Hoyt 2 piece quiver and I'm having a hard time getting my broadheads to fit in hood. It is so small I can't fit my 4 blade Slick Tricks in it. I had some 3 blade broads that fit but the foam is pre cut and the orientation has some of my vanes hitting each other. I'm afraid over time the vanes will stay bent a little. Anybody having the same issue?

Archerichards

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Hoyt Carbon shorty. I like it. That said, two complaints:
  • the little thumb screw looks like it would be super easy to lose (needs longer threads on the female side), so, suggest you buy a replacement screw and put it in your bow repair kit as backup on a longer or pack hunts. Because if you lose it you're screwed.
  • the rubber arrow mounts are good but not great in terms of securing 5mm or smaller arrows really well when your bow gets banged around. I was hunting a week ago in SC, lowered my bow to the ground from my stand, climbed down, went to pick up my bow, and noted that one of the arrows had fallen out of the quiver and was positioned, nock end down and broadhead end up, such that if I had taken one more step the broad head would have been driven directly into my knee. Glad I saw it. So, I added a rubber keeper band to the quiver to make sure it doesn't happen again, per photos below.
So, its a good product, but can be improved.

Attachments

• Quiver Keeper  - 1.jpeg
    Quiver Keeper - 1.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Quiver Keeper  - 2.jpeg
    Quiver Keeper - 2.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 15

Archerichards

Lil-Rokslider
By the way, the screw size to put in your bow repair kit (that fits the Hoyt Shorty Quiver mount) is 5/16" x 1" x 24, and can be found at any well-stocked hardware store. It is same screw as the one mounting your rest to the riser.