Tikka 2022

Does anyone know oif Tikka is doing anything new for 2022? New chamber offerings, t3x updates, new anything?

The camo stock/factory muzzle brake/$300 increase update of 2021 was disappointing.

I'd like them to offer an ultralight carbon stock model model, similar to the carbon stock sako. Or a deluxe gloss blued walnut model

ID_Matt

WKR
If they could work in a premium stock like you mentioned and keep it at a good price they would sell like hot cakes. Also, faster twist on some cartridges would be great. I think they would be close to a perfect off the shelf rifle if they sold them with a premium stock like an AG or similar and a threaded barrel but no brake.

I do agree the camo stock and muzzle brake was a bit disappointing. I would rather save the extra money on the purchase price and not have a muzzle brake included so I can put the device on of my choosing - premium brake or suppressor.

ID_Matt

WKR
Is this the Tikka wish list? I'd take a premium carbon stock like mentioned, in 308/6.5CM/7mm-08 with an 18" threaded barrel.
Wouldn't that be awesome? Calibers you mentioned in 18" and short mags in 20". I'll do a 20" threaded 6.5 PRC with carbon stock. Perfect mountain rifles. Fluted barrel and bolt would be icing on the cake.

Most guys I know with tikkas immediately thread the barrel and put a new stock on.

Gila

WKR
The Tikka T3x lite is a lightweight, extremely accurate hunting rifle that shoots under 1 MOA out of the box. I paid $600 for my T3 eighteen years ago now. The same rifle today goes for $640 and has many upgrades to the stock and the action. They have also increased twist on some of the more popular cartridges. They have added some calibers that are in demand. Just like any other gun maker, they stop offering cartridges that cost more to produce and do not sell.

The fact is Tikka and Sako both make models of rifles now that are usually unavailable in this country because of US distributors and dealers. They only buy what they think they can sell the most of, so some Tikka models never make it on gun shelf’s in this country. What I thought was the biggest improvement was offering large game hunting calibers for their super varmint model. Most hunters who buy the T3x want an accurate, quality rifle that they can mount a scope on, buy a box of ammo and go hunting. The Tikka has been this rifle. Typically we don’t see any new models or improvements, options until the shot show.

Wouldn't that be awesome? Calibers you mentioned in 18" and short mags in 20". I'll do a 20" threaded 6.5 PRC with carbon stock. Perfect mountain rifles. Fluted barrel and bolt would be icing on the cake.

Most guys I know with tikkas immediately thread the barrel and put a new stock on.
Lots of folks do “upgrades” because they want to and not because they need to. Nothing wrong with that as long as those folks are honest about why they are doing it.

Never had the need, nor felt the need, to do any upgrade to my Tikkas.

ID_Matt

WKR
Lots of folks do “upgrades” because they want to and not because they need to. Nothing wrong with that as long as those folks are honest about why they are doing it.

Never had the need, nor felt the need, to do any upgrade to my Tikkas.
A more shootable and rigid stock is an upgrade to me. A threaded barrel is also an upgrade that is needed in my book unless I plan to leave my suppressors or brakes in the safe. To each their own.... Now if you are talking fancy paint jobs and spiral fluting then maybe we could argue the merit there.

Sandstrom

WKR
The new one that caught my eye is the new ember. It looks like it is the same as the roughtech in features, but it comes in stainless!
Ryan