Tikka 2022

Antares

WKR
Is this the Tikka wish list? I'd take a premium carbon stock like mentioned, in 308/6.5CM/7mm-08 with an 18" threaded barrel.

What if they went all in and did a stainless rifle with a milled and sheep-ported action, fluted, threaded 18” barrel, fluted bolt, and a carbon stock.

6.5CM, 7mm-08, .280ai, and .308

Just spitballing.

Last edited:
OP
H
I also would like them to continue offering the standard SS lite and superlite models indefinitely. I absolutely love them and other than wanting the mag, trig guard, and bolt shroud to match the stainless, the only improvement I can see making is offering it with a carbon stock.

z987k

WKR
Right...but for like $900...instead of $1700.
Which is what the tikka costs by the time you thread the barrel, flute the bolt skelotonize the action and put a stock approaching the fieldcraft's.

I'd buy a $1700 tikka that came like that.

Sled

WKR
Even though not my cup of tea, an 18" threaded barrel with carbon stock in 7saum would sell like crazy.

I partly agree. The limiting factor is the caliber. If you didn't have components prior to 2020 then it's not going to be much use to you. If they started with calibers you can find ammo or components for then it'd sell. Although right now supply of Tikka rifles are low so if it were on the shelf I thing any Tikka will sell.

Last edited:
OP
H
I partly agree. The limiting factor is the caliber. If you didn't have components prior to 2020 then it's not going to be much use to you. If they started with calibers you can find ammo or components for then it'd sell. Although right now supply of Tikka rifles are low so if it were on the shelf I thing any Tikka will sell.
Go check out Scheels in Sandy. Loads of Tikka. But they're all either 6.5 or magnum something or other

Sled

WKR
Go check out Scheels in Sandy. Loads of Tikka. But they're all either 6.5 or magnum something or other

I haven't been in for a bit but it seems like they always have more than other stores. Did you see any 16" t1x? I've been looking for a trainer for my boy.

OP
H
I haven't been in for a bit but it seems like they always have more than other stores. Did you see any 16" t1x? I've been looking for a trainer for my boy.

No I had been looking for one for quite awhile earlier this year but I don't think I've seen any there since Feb. They usually have some CZ 22LR and 17hmr though. I ended up getting a cz 17hmr (can't remember exact model of 457) with a 24" barrel and it shoots 20gr CCI into 3/4" or better at 100yds really easy

Mr_Steve

FNG
I wish we could get Lite or Superlite with a cheek riser and threaded. I also want a .204 ruger caliber in stainless. If we are dreaming.

Gila

WKR
Same thing with factory barrels being available? This is something I truly wish they would offer... They're good barrels
They do make excellent barrels...especially the Stainless Steel. Quite a few on E-bay these days.