Tikka 300 WM Muzzle Brake

blackdawg

WKR
Considering a Tikka 300 WM, would like some feedback to see how a muzzle brake would help the recoil, any experiences or comparisons with smaller calibers that could enlighten me, I know the 300 WM is a great round but the recoil factor has me tempted to go with a 30-06.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MHWASH

WKR
I have a 4 port MBM on my Tikka 300. Recoil is less than my Tikka 6.5 Creed, but be warned, there is a lot more blast and “boom” associated with the break. Yes, even with hearing protection. I’m seriously considering selling mine because of it.

howl

WKR
Nay. If your thought about a new hunting rifle includes a brake, think of something else. Get something heavier or get a suppressor.

Why? I pretty much refuse to shoot anything louder than quiet 22lr without ear pro. I've let more than one game animal go because I couldn't get plugs in. I still forget sometimes.

Considering a Tikka 300 WM, would like some feedback to see how a muzzle brake would help the recoil, any experiences or comparisons with smaller calibers that could enlighten me, I know the 300 WM is a great round but the recoil factor has me tempted to go with a 30-06.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a 300 WM because my dad had one years ago for Colorado mule deer hunting. If I were doing it again I am not sure I would buy the 300 WM. Opinions vary but I am not sure a magnum rifle is really necessary for North American hunting with the exception of brown bear and maybe moose. Some would put elk on that list too.

Ammo cost, recoil, noise. My win mag doesn’t get shot a lot and it hasn’t been hunting since my 6.5 creed came to town.