Tikka 300 WM Scope

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Tikka 300WM with a brake that I put on McMillan stock. I put a mountain tactical spring in the trigger, and a pineapple bolt handle. I have a Zeiss 3x12 scope on there now, but want to go with something with more power. I don’t shoot a lot, but I always like to have my scope at full power even if it’s 200 yards, and always feel like I wish I could dial it in closer yet especially 400-500 yard shots. I would like to be able to practice and shoot at longer distances. Thinking I want to go with something that will go up to 25 power, but also don’t want to have a huge scope on the gun. Is something with that much power to much for that gun? Any scopes with higher power that are less bulky? Suggestions?

V-TRAIN

WKR
I second that, my buddy has a Mark 5 3x18x44 on his gun and I liked it so much I sold my swaro x5 3x18x50.
It was almost half the length, smaller knobs, and optically I could tell no difference.
I would call Liberty Optics, they have some smoking deals on them.

The Vortex Razor LHT has a full season under its belt and has had favorable reviews.

My T3X in 300 WM is topped with a VX6HD (3-18x50). It has been an awesome setup with no issues. I have other rifles with the VX5HD (3-15x44). They've served me well too. Never had an issue shooting game or targets with the 15-18 maximum magnification.

I would recommend reining in your desire for 25x magnification and look at capping the maximum magnification to 15-18. It can be very difficult to steady the crosshairs while at maximum magnification. At maximum magnification on a T3X in 300 WM, seeing where your shot hit (assuming unbraked) is going to be tough if not impossible. For any follow up shot or just to look where the animal is, you are going to have to zoom out and then re-acquire the animal.

I’m a fan of leupolds. They have an unbeatable quality. I’d look for something with up to 18x power

MT_Fin

Lil-Rokslider
What is your budget? I am generally a Leupold fan of most applications, though there are a ton of awesome scopes out there.

OP
A

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
Like to be in the $2k range for price. I am leaning towards the Maven RS.4 5-30, it’s only 12.8 inches in length.

Like to be in the $2k range for price. I am leaning towards the Maven RS.4 5-30, it’s only 12.8 inches in length.
At that price range I'm going to suggest a March as well.
I don't have experience with the 2.5-25×52 but I do have an FX 4.5-28×52 and there isn't a scope that comes anywhere close in optical quality for under $3500.
Also March optics are some of most reliable and precise scopes out there in terms of tracking and repeatability

Vandy321

WKR
Why not save yourself $1200 and throw on a LRTSi for $750...18x, dialer, glass punches well above its weight, tracks 100%, zero stop, mil or moa and can handle 300wm recoil, keeps that tikka light at 26oz.

You can find a bad review on any scope...accept the LRTS, I've looked. Fantastic glass, I moved down from a 25x S&B when when I bought my LRTS...zero complains for 1/4 the price.

OP
A

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
I will definitely have to check out the March scope. I never even heard of them until mentioned on this thread. Thanks for the input fellas!