Tikka 6.5 magazine converted for WSM

Zackw

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all, I’m wondering if anyone has tried converting the T3x magazine for 6.5cm into a wsm magazine? The 6.5 magazine allows for a slightly longer bullet, while still using the factory short action bolt stop. The magazine is slightly narrower and isn’t as deep. I’d prefer to keep the short action rather than filing down the stop and getting some standard length mags, but if that’s the only option for longer bullets, that’s what I’ll do.

ericwh

WKR
Alternatively, you could use a spacer in the back of a long action mag to stay with your current bolt stop. Seems like that would be easier than trying to widen a magazine.

OP
Zackw

Zackw

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, that seems like it would probably be easiest. I’ve already got the long-action mountain tac magazine, so it would just be a matter of putting in a spacer and cutting down the follower.

ericwh

WKR
Here is the thread I was thinking of with the aluminum channel used for back spacer. This guy modifies a tikka mag for longer coal and looks pretty easy. So I guess a third option would be to get a 300wsm mag and modify it to the "m+" length.