Tikka 6.5 PRC

Was at a local store and they had more 6.5 PRCs than anything else. Guess the ammo issue is keeping people from buying them.

A Tikka in 280ai would be cool if they put a 24" tube on it. Many people report Tikkas being a little slow as it is. Also, the 7mm chamber appears to be their least accurate/most picky from a few reports I have seen.

Was at a local store and they had more 6.5 PRCs than anything else. Guess the ammo issue is keeping people from buying them.

A Tikka in 280ai would be cool if they put a 24" tube on it. Many people report Tikkas being a little slow as it is. Also, the 7mm chamber appears to be their least accurate/most picky from a few reports I have seen.
Don’t know about the 280AI but my Tikka T3 SL in 7RM is deadly accurate with Barnes Vor-Tx 160 grain TSX.

amassi

WKR
As long as its not a 10 twist or something stupid.
Tikka really needs to join the 21st century and offer some fast twist rifles
Likely the old old standard 1:9.25.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Motown

WKR
280ai

I was thinking about trying the Savage Proof Ultralite in 280 ai but the flimsy stock and stupid 22” barrel turned me off.

amassi

WKR
Is the 280ai just a rumor or where were you hearing that might be on the list?
Just an educated guess, when they announced they were releasing a prc they hinted at another cartridge as well. Sako released a couple 280ai last year so stands to reason tikka will someday

I was thinking about trying the Savage Proof Ultralite in 280 ai but the flimsy stock and stupid 22” barrel turned me off.
Me too. The 22" barrel is the reason I did not ordered a Savage. May as well shoot a 7mm-08, which I used before buying a Kimber in 280ai.

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
Just an educated guess, when they announced they were releasing a prc they hinted at another cartridge as well. Sako released a couple 280ai last year so stands to reason tikka will someday

Cool, thank you. I’ve been tossing around the idea of buying one for a donor to rechamber into a 280ai. I might just be patient for a few more months

mapticon

FNG
A lot of us are asking the same question about Tikka and 6.5 PRC. OMR will convert a Tikka to 6.5 PRC w/ a carbon barrel, and do it a lot faster than whenever Tikka feels like it. Search the threads for OMR.

khuber84

WKR
Buy a Tikka 260 or 6.5 creedmoor. Send it to Shaen rifle works in California. He'll bore your chamber out and open up the bolt face for 375$ he can do other Chambers like 6.5x284 that won't require the bolt face to be opened.

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
I sure think a suppressed CTR in 6.5 PRC would be neat. I would or should be a little faster than a 24" CM.

khuber84

WKR
What will next years caliber be? 6.8 western?
I'm hoping for a Tikka in 6 creed myself. Only reason they haven't done it yet is because their 243 is slow twist, they'd have to retool for the cm. They are always a lil behind the times on twist rates. A guy can use the long action magnum magazines for the prc too, I took a dremel to mine to open the feed lips a bit for more case head presentation to the bolt face, they're good with a lil messaging.