Tikka 7mm-08 Build

RedRidge

WKR
Well since I can't track down the unicorn left handed stainless steel 7mm-08 Tikka I am going to just pick up one and rebarrel it. Not interested in the carbon barrels right now, but am looking for suggestions on what barrel manufacturer people recommend. I have looked up most of the "popular" brands, but would love to hear some opinions out there. I was thinking no. 2 contour around 20-22". Probably stick with the factory stock at first, but the Basners stocks have got some good praise on here. Not against other stocks either.

OP
RedRidge

RedRidge

WKR
Wouldnt be a bad option. I’ve seen a few builds from Clarktar on here and like what he has going on with a little heftier barrel but shorter than the stock. If I’m having to buy an action that can be rebarreled to 7-08 might as well look into getting exactly what I want vs a stock barrel, but definitely something I will consider.

16Bore

WKR
In for an inch, in for a mile. At least a custom tube will be twisted and throated to your liking.

MHWASH

WKR
Buy a action set up for the long action cartridges so you can seat the bullets long if your going to shoot the heavies.

slick

WKR
MHWASH- non issue with tikkas, all the same action length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
My daughter is left-handed (takes after her dad), and I got her a stainless Tikka in 7mm-08, left-handed, through Sportsman's Warehouse. I handload, so I was able to work some loads that shoot very accurately out of her factory rifle.

However, I do appreciate how frustrating it can be to find what you want as a left-handed shooter. Consequently, I have had every one of my rifles custom barreled. Mine are all wearing barrels from Dan Lilja, and they are all very accurate.