Tikka bipod swivel

OdinIII

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered a Tikka Veil and I would like to use a bipod on the factory stock. I’ve had good luck with Harris on my other rifles but would be appreciative of any complete bipod system suggestions if I should switch brands.

My main question with the Harris is what is the suggested setup to run the bipod and still be able to comfortably use the sling. My other rifles had a second swivel or had a place to add one. Is there such a thing for the Tikka? Is the Caldwell Picatinny rail the best way?

Jlee91w

FNG
I have 2 roughtech stocks and they come with an extra hole for a sling and a bipod. I would wait until you get it and see if it has the extra hole. That being said, I have a Harris bipod and it has holes in the mounting squeeze thingy for attaching a sling. Hope this helps. Jared

OP
O

OdinIII

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 roughtech stocks and they come with an extra hole for a sling and a bipod. I would wait until you get it and see if it has the extra hole. That being said, I have a Harris bipod and it has holes in the mounting squeeze thingy for attaching a sling. Hope this helps. Jared

Thanks,

I’m assuming you are talking about the hole for the accessory forearm? That should work but it seems a little too far back.

I tried using the Harris swivel attachment on a much heavier rifle and it dug into my shoulder. Maybe this rifle won’t have that issue.

OP
O

OdinIII

Lil-Rokslider

Antares

WKR
You could put an Atlas BT17 rail up front, use that to mount an Atlas bipod, and then put a flush cup connector on your sling.

Wolfe78

FNG
You could put an Atlas BT17 rail up front, use that to mount an Atlas bipod, and then put a flush cup connector on your sling.
Pics ? I got the Lil Brandi bt81 and I'm thinking of going what you suggested. Hard to tap and install ?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I did that on one of mine but I don’t like how the flush cup spins around, it gets the sling all twisted up.

I ordered a rail from mtn gear (NZ company with a us distributor) that is a pic rail with a small loop for a standard sling clip thing. I believe it’s titanium so pretty light too. Seems like it will check a lot of boxes for me but I won’t know until I get it.