Tikka build

ddd122

FNG
Thinking about building a 300 wsm with tikka 300 win mag donor action. Since bolt face is the same on either, does anyone know if 300 wsm will feed out of the normal tikka 300 win mag magazines. If not it’s there an aftermarket magazine that will feed them. Just wanted to use the longer action and mags for higher bc bullets and the barrel will be a proof prefit and a ag composites stock

snowtoy83

Lil-Rokslider
The factory mag is to narrow. You can take it apart and sand the inside to gain clearance or buy an aftermarket mag. I have a mountain tactical that feeds pretty good

OP
D

ddd122

FNG
Ok thanks man I appreciate the info and I’ll be going mountain tactical route then

Hells Canyon also has one. It’s usually sold out though. I have it but my build isn’t done yet, so no real world experience.

Do the mountain tactical or hells canyon mags work with the factory tikka bottom metal?

B23

WKR
Aren't all Tikka's long actions with the only difference being the bolt stop and bottom metal.

ofl0926

WKR
Hells Canyon also has one. It’s usually sold out though. I have it but my build isn’t done yet, so no real world experience.

I have one from Mike of Hells Canyon. 300wsm tikka action 24in barrel in a AG composite stock. its a tack driver. great craftsman ship. I also have a full custom from him as well.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
I should have been more specific, when I said bottom metal I was referring to the different magazines.
Bottom metals are the same, magazines are the same exterior. Only difference is shorter follower to match the shorter bolt stop.
Resized_20220127_191354.jpeg

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
I should have been more specific, when I said bottom metal I was referring to the different magazines.
If you were referring to the 2 different brands of magazines there are a few companies that make both factory replacement and one for a longer or AICS mag. In my experience the AICS conversions won't work on a Tikka because they're not ported enough to allow the length, not sure if they can be opened up safely.

B23

WKR
I was referring to the different mags for different cartridges and by different I mean the inside dimensions. Otherwise, except for the bolt stop and the material, SS or CM, all the Tikka actions are the same.