Tikka butt pad modification

Rob5589

WKR
I can't take credit for this as I saw someone else here did the same thing. Basically, went to a 50mm obj and needed a taller comb so installed a kydex moveable cheek rest. But then I wasn't getting great position on my shoulder so I figured I'd duplicate what I saw here.

Bought a 1/8" and 1/4" lop spacer I found on Amazon. The 1/8 was far to thin to use but the 1/4 worked. It did lengthen the lop a 1/4 but it's barely noticeable, not even enough to have to move my scope back.

Simple; screwed the spacer to the stock, scribed a line, cut with a box cutter blade (it's fairly soft plastic), sanded and shaped. Did some aligning with the pad, drilled new holes, bored the backing to fit over the spacer screws, screwed it to the new plate, and done. About 30 mins of time and much better fit. Spacer was 10 bucks but I'd guess if you went to a hobby store you could find something that works even cheaper. I was pushed for time. I have the newer Airtech pad coming today and will install it later.

spacers.jpg
spacer on.jpginstalled.jpg

73 Wood

FNG
I'm wondering if that fits right shooting from various positions? Seems like it might get you high in the shoulder from the prone position. Hope it works for you.

OP
Rob5589

Rob5589

WKR
I'm wondering if that fits right shooting from various positions? Seems like it might get you high in the shoulder from the prone position. Hope it works for you.
I set it up for prone primarily.