TIKKA CTR 6.5 Build

OP
907to406

907to406

Lil-Rokslider
From what I understand, the older production LRHSs didn't have enough splines to line up on every .10. Just every other. The newer ones are supposedly made to line up on every .1.

Well that's real helpful on Bushnell's part... I guess I had a 50/50 chance of it lining up and it didn't...Maybe I'll call Bushnell and see what they say about it or if they would be willing to fix it.

OP
907to406

907to406

Lil-Rokslider
So I contacted Bushnell and explained to them the problem, they didn't admit to anything but are sending me a shipping label to send it back and check it out. He said they would likely just send me a new scope. estimated turn around time 1-2 weeks. Hopefully it gets resolved

Im curious to find out what you come up with. With my current load and a zero at 200 on my hunting rifle I am on a lucky click. If I change things a bit that may not be the case. Kind of bummer...

OP
907to406

907to406

Lil-Rokslider
Im curious to find out what you come up with. With my current load and a zero at 200 on my hunting rifle I am on a lucky click. If I change things a bit that may not be the case. Kind of bummer...

I'll keep you posted. I have a shoot on Saturday so I'm just going to have to rock it as and remember to compensate for the .10 mil but hopefully they have updated the design and send me a new one...

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Well I was able to make it to the range but weather was less than ideal. We picked up about 4 inches of snow in town and the whole time at the range it was about 36 degrees and pouring rain with a little wind but I was able to get the rifle zeroed and print some decent groups. I was shooting Hornady 140gr HPBT American Rifleman and Hornady 140gr ELD-M and was able to achieve 1/2"-1/4" groups with either factory ammo.

The rifle sits finished as is at 11.6LBS. I love the Bushnell LRHS scope but my only complaint was once I got the rifle completely zeroed and went to set the zero stop and turret I couldn't get the actual "0" of the turret to line up with the vertical line on the scope tube which really pissed me off but after messing with it for a while I think I got it figured out. I'll be heading back to the range Friday to collect data on the Hornady loads then off to my first match with this rifle on Saturday.

I opted not to do a "barrel break in" and went through about 75 rounds through a 4 hour range session with no cleaning and the gun just kept getting better and better.

Here are some pictures of some of the typical average groups I was getting. The black squares are 1"x1" for reference.

Thats great man!! I am really impressed by the Tikka CTR as well. My rifle has managed to put 4 holes in the same hole and 1 flier twice (I always shoot 5 shot groups with mine). For the money ($799 or blued or $899 for stainless) the Tikka CTR seems like a good value in my extreme limited experience. I am more than happy with mine.

Shoots slightly better supressed than unsuppressed it seems or it could just be me or whatever. But still easily 1/2" with 5 shots

They do look good with the LRHS on them:

Of course the NF doesn't look bad either and the NF ultralight rings 1" 30mm rings still got enough height even for the 56mm objective with Vortex Defender caps.

DEW0341

WKR
Very nice rifle build, tikka is awesome. My bushnell ERS had the same turret problem you have wouldn't actually match up with the white lines, irritated the hell out me and personally believe the turrets were as good as mashed patatoes. Sold it picked up a Burris XTRii

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
907to406

907to406

Lil-Rokslider
Thats great man!! I am really impressed by the Tikka CTR as well. My rifle has managed to put 4 holes in the same hole and 1 flier twice (I always shoot 5 shot groups with mine). For the money ($799 or blued or $899 for stainless) the Tikka CTR seems like a good value in my extreme limited experience. I am more than happy with mine.

Shoots slightly better supressed than unsuppressed it seems or it could just be me or whatever. But still easily 1/2" with 5 shots

They do look good with the LRHS on them:

Of course the NF doesn't look bad either and the NF ultralight rings 1" 30mm rings still got enough height even for the 56mm objective with Vortex Defender caps.

Good shooting Luke and great looking set up you've got there! I had a couple 3 shot groups where 2 shots were into one hole. Definitely impressed with the rifle but not so much the scope with the turret issue I stated above. I do have a Nightforce sitting in the closet but don't have the time to set it up and re-zero before the match on Saturday.

Last edited:

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I'll keep you posted. I have a shoot on Saturday so I'm just going to have to rock it as and remember to compensate for the .10 mil but hopefully they have updated the design and send me a new one...

Interesting....mine seems to be right on with the zero stop. Guess I got lucky.

Given you can get the scope for like $855 right now with the rebates it seems like a way good value.