Tikka factory tube swap: Anyone have the tools?

OP
O

OutdoorAg

WKR
Sorry, just saw this.

I sent the gun off to a competent individual. Came off with no relief cut.

That said, now I’m thinking of doing a switch barrel Tikka with a WTO switch lug.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sorry, just saw this.

I sent the gun off to a competent individual. Came off with no relief cut.

That said, now I’m thinking of doing a switch barrel Tikka with a WTO switch lug.
Just get a barrel vice and action wrench. Its easy enough to do on a truck bed. And, swapping at the range sounds cool, but it is not as glamorous as you would think. Most switch barrel rifles become two rifles.

Str8shtr

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sure you can pull any tikka barrel off without a relief cut but you run the risk of tweaking the action. I'm sure this is why a lot of gunsmiths choose to do it with a relief cut. I've pulled off a couple ss ones with no relief cut but had to do a relief cut on the 2 blued ones I've done because they were tight and I didn't want to end up with a tweaked action.

OP
O

OutdoorAg

WKR
Just get a barrel vice and action wrench. Its easy enough to do on a truck bed. And, swapping at the range sounds cool, but it is not as glamorous as you would think. Most switch barrel rifles become two rifles.

For the Tikka...any specific tool you recommend? The Short Action Customs vise and wrench look pretty handy, but I'm sure there are lots of options out there. For removing and installing.