Tikka feeding WSM...

Tod osier

WKR
How do Tikkas feed the WSM cartridges with factory mags? Buttery smooth and flawless as with standard cases?

Reason I ask is I'm thinking about getting a 30 and I'm considering a 30-06 and 300 WSM (not really looking at 300 WM) and I'd be happy to eliminate the WSM if there was a downside.

OP
Tod osier

Tod osier

WKR
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I suppose I was hoping that they wouldn't feed as well to make the decision easier. I can get 30-06s, but superlites in .300 WSM aren't available right now (not that that bullets, brass, the scope, the rings, etc... are either).

ndayton

WKR
Yup another Tikka 300 wsm owner and I've had no troubles feeding at all.
Downside for my gun is it weighs 8lbs and I have no muzzle brake so a day at the range kinda sucks but it shoots lights out and is great to carry in the mountains.

Limbsaver airtech is what I put on mine. Felt recoil seems less than .308 now
Yup another Tikka 300 wsm owner and I've had no troubles feeding at all.
Downside for my gun is it weighs 8lbs and I have no muzzle brake so a day at the range kinda sucks but it shoots lights out and is great to carry in the mountains.

Did you modify your Tikka bolt to get the HCA magazine working correctly? I ended up throwing my HCA out, I'm not grinding my bolt stops to accommodate an aftermarket mag . Throwing good money after bad imo
My 270wsm feeds great from the HCA mag I have.

Did you modify your Tikka bolt to get the HCA magazine working correctly? I ended up throwing my HCA out, I'm not grinding my bolt stops to accommodate an aftermarket mag . Throwing good money after bad imo
I did not, it started as a 300 win mag so it already had a long action bolt stop.

Do you still have that magazine? I'll buy it right now if you want to sell it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

No, I offered for free (pay only shipping) here on Rokslide after I found out they were non returnable. I got two pm's from senior members would take it but no addresses were sent so I chucked it.
Sorry.
Do you still have that magazine? I'll buy it right now if you want to sell it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sled

WKR
My old t3 270wsm has always been reliable and fine in factory configuration. Not sure how it'd run with the bolt stop altered and LA mag for longer seatings.

This is mind blowing. It’s a bolt stop, a $30 dollar part if you really must replace it with the stock part.

I could see leaving it stock if all you shoot is factory ammo, but if you reload it allows you to load them out long. Honestly, the Tikka action is best when it’s used for short action cartridges for this reason.

To OP, mine feeds like butter from the factory magazine and from the HCA magazine.

OP
Tod osier

Tod osier

WKR
OK Guys, I'm definitely going to hold out until I find a .300 WSM given that there are no concerns going to the short fatty. I have a .270 Win T3 superlite that I really like and want to pair something a little heavier with it and that seems like a good pairing. I shoot all monos, so I like something that spits them out pretty fast.