Tikka length of pull

I’m looking at a T3x and would like to get it to about a 15” length of pull. Has anyone added 1-1.5” in spacers?

Im assuming stacking spacers and longer screws would do the trick but I’ve never played with this set up. Also assuming a different pad may help?

Wvroach

WKR
I haven't added spacers but on my t3 hunter 30-06, older version, it had a rubber "recoil pad" that was as hard as plastic I put on a limb saver that increased by 3/4 of a inch. That gets you half way, I'll have to check out my t3x when I get home to see if it is the same as the hunter recoil pad

ericwh

WKR
The CTR comes with spacers and longer screws. The spacers have some features to keep them aligned. You can buy them on the beretta website.

Or you could make a one-piece spacer of your own.

Wvroach

WKR
Got tied up at work past few days, anyhow the new t3x has a different recoil pad then what my old t3 hunter originally came with. The measurements on my newer t3x is at the bottom with stock recoil pad. Camo stock is older t3 hunter with limbsaver pad not much of a difference between them. The older t3 original recoil pad was much smaller I'm not a recoil sensitive person but it was unpleasant shooting 3006 after around 15 rounds I could feel myself fighting not to flinch is why I swapped it. The original pad it had was more of a rubberized hard plastic.

Edit* as you can see on the new t3x it tapers towards the top and measurements were taken at widest portion
IMG_20201205_204613785.jpgIMG_20201205_204529873.jpg

I put Bell and Carlson stocks on both of my Tikkas to increase the LOP to 15". Much nicer looking stock too.

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
I had this exact problem and found a very cheap and dirty fix. Even with a limbsaver attached, I still needed another inch and a half of LOP. The beretta spacers only add a few millimeters at a time, so I had some reservations about spending something like $150 on a stack of spacers.

I bought some half-inch polymer Kick-eez buttstock spacers from brownells for about $20 all-in. I took my two original buttstock screws to a hardware store and used the gauges there to determine the thread pitch, then bought new screws that were the length of the originals + the spacers I was adding. I wish I could remember the thread pitch and size to save you some time.

Fitting the spacers was very easy. They are cartoonishly oversized. I mounted them all up between the stock and the recoil pad plate, then just carved away with a mora. Knife carving and twenty minutes of sanding got them fitting sleekly enough that you have to be close up to notice any work has been done to the stock. If I wanted to wet sand with some very high grit it would blend very well.