Tikka lite stainless vs X-bolt western hunter stainless

Looking st these two in .300wm. Like that the Xbolt comes with a factory brake, but that is a pretty easy thing to do so not a deal breaker.

Looking more at the nitty gritty:
Barrel tikka 24.4” vs xbolt 26”
Twist 1:11 vs 1:10
Overall length 44.5 vs 46.75
Weight 6.5 vs 6.8

Any other factors I don’t know about such as crappy magaizine, bad bolt throw, sucky stock, trigger, etc

Will go with a comparable scope in the sub 2# range for elk hunting in the plains and mountains. Want to be able to reach out to 5-600 reliably.

Any feedback or questions I don’t know to ask?

2five7

WKR
For that caliber, I would definitely go X-bolt. Faster twist barrel, and longer mag length. You'll be limited in the Tikka if you want to shoot longer high BC bullets.

slowelk

WKR
There have been so many threads lately about tikka vs browning - use the forum search.

OP
Texasbuckeye
Appreciate the post slowelk, but most of
Those posts were directed at short range shooting and smaller caliber guns. I was curious if there would be a difference in the barrel and twist rate in the two given the range and obvious velocity/KE downrange would make a play on these two. I am pretty sure this is not a huge point but wanted to throw out the possibility with the specific differences I detailed in my Original post. I am not a long range guy and have little experience with big game. My experience is shorter range and medium game, so that’s why I was asking....