Tikka New for 2020

Here’s the chrono data for Nosler factory ammo out of 22” 280 AI I had. I think the box states 3150 and 3100 respectively

Nosler 140 grain Accubond factory is 3137 FPS 5 shot average with SD 14.8 and ES 37

Nosler 140 grain ETip factory is 3066 FPS 5 shot average with SD 26.7 and ES 34

HGL

FNG
My .280 Ackley has a 22" Brux 1-9.

61.5 grains of RL-26 and a 160 Accubond = 3,000 fps in mine.

Im a bit of a purist (read:not a flat bill wearing hipster😂), went 300WM but should have gone WSM in the tikka platform. Live and learn. My buddy went WSM and i gave him tons of shit for it. Who's laughing now?

What’s the main reason(s) you’d take the WSM in the redo?

Mag length is the same. Slightly less case capacity in the wsm but im eating up my benefits in the wm by having to seat so deep to fit the mag (with 200 grainers).
Animals dont care but my ocd mind does.

I agree with those comments complaining about the twist rates. The don’t make any sense because they offer a CM in 8 but their bigger stuff is slow?

I’ll add that Tikka is now offering cool fluted bolts and some fluted Cerakote stuff which caught my eye at SHOT.

RogerNH

FNG
Here is another video of the new Tikka models at Shot Show. Around the 1:40 mark, the Tikka rep says they are testing the 6.5 PRC and will be available in June.

I am seriously considering getting this in 6.5 Creedmoor but if 6.5 PRC is coming, I might spring for that instead. The muzzle brake is removable and a thread protector is included in the box.

Last edited:

16Bore

WKR
Just a plain Jane T3 6 CM. Keep all the candy coated bullshit.

OP
Motown

Motown

WKR
Here is another video of the new Tikka models at Shot Show. Around the 1:40 mark, the Tikka rep says they are testing the 6.5 PRC and will be available in June.

Tikka T3x - Shot Show 2020

I am seriously considering getting this in 6.5 Creedmoor but if 6.5 PRC is coming, I might spring for that instead. The muzzle brake is removable and a thread protector is included in the box.

I will be waiting until June then! I was hoping tikka would get into the PRC game and hopefully they will also do it with the CTR as well.

What would be radical is letting dealers sell it at the price they feel like it rather then bowing down to cabelas BPS and forcing MAP

RANGER3BN

FNG
Man was hoping they would just thread a barrel on a T3X Lite Stainless.

Not trying to be an ass but genuinely inquiring because I just purchased one in 6.5 Creed.....how would you have enough shoulder on the regular profile barrel to run suppressed or are you just wanting to run a muzzle break?

OutdoorAg

WKR
Not trying to be an ass but genuinely inquiring because I just purchased one in 6.5 Creed.....how would you have enough shoulder on the regular profile barrel to run suppressed or are you just wanting to run a muzzle break?

Adapters that allow you to step up from smaller to larger threads. Lots of guys shooting the plain Jane T3 profile with a supressor hanging off the end.

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
I run my T3x Lite 6.5 CM suppressed with no issues. Threaded to 1/2-28 and use a direct thread mount with my Omega.

RANGER3BN

FNG
Adapters that allow you to step up from smaller to larger threads. Lots of guys shooting the plain Jane T3 profile with a supressor hanging off the end.

Sure I understand the adapter concept although I have read they in and of themselves can cause alignment issues and baffle strikes. I have never used one so I can't confirm the info although its on the internet so it has to be true.

What I'm asking about is the minimal barrel shoulder (height, thickness, etc.) needed for proper alignment with a direct thread can. I have never had to ask due to shooting larger profile barrels in the past but I'm very interested in keeping my new T3x as light as possible but would also like to use my .30 cal can with it.

RANGER3BN

FNG
I run my T3x Lite 6.5 CM suppressed with no issues. Threaded to 1/2-28 and use a direct thread mount with my Omega.

yeah thats a great set-up but you gain the needed shoulder through your muzzle device. Do you know anyone who is using a direct thread can on a threaded stock 6.5 barrel? I'm thinking I might need to cut it down to 22 or 20 inches but unsure how that would play out with velocity.

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
yeah thats a great set-up but you gain the needed shoulder through your muzzle device. Do you know anyone who is using a direct thread can on a threaded stock 6.5 barrel? I'm thinking I might need to cut it down to 22 or 20 inches but unsure how that would play out with velocity.
There is no muzzle device on my rifle, I should have said it’s the direct thread adapter for my can. I cut the barrel down to 18” and averaged 2509 FPS with 147gr ELD-Ms. Yeah it could be faster with a longer barrel but it has plenty of velocity to kill at any ranges I’d be taking shots.