Tikka New for 2020

Likely it won’t stabilize anything over 190 grains. Maybe not 190 even.
Contrary to some twist has no affect on accuracy.....
Thanks for posting. Totally agree, admittedly though i can get away with 200gr ABs. The other problem is the short box length, 200s eat up all the case space. A drop tube helps a little though. My 212 ELDx and 230 bergers are a no go in the tikkas. Kind of a bummer in a gun i love this much. Faster twist and longer mag, is it too much to ask?😉

Thanks for posting. Totally agree, admittedly though i can get away with 200gr ABs. The other problem is the short box length, 200s eat up all the case space. A drop tube helps a little though. My 212 ELDx and 230 bergers are a no go in the tikkas. Kind of a bummer in a gun i love this much. Faster twist and longer mag, is it too much to ask?😉

There are easy solutions for the WSMs in the mag space realm.

Yes, they screwed the pooch on twist rates but I’m impressed they were able to get 5/8 threads on a steel barrel and keep it sub 7 lbs. I’d much rather have 5/8 threads than 1/2”, nicely done tikka.

Yes, they screwed the pooch on twist rates but I’m impressed they were able to get 5/8 threads on a steel barrel and keep it sub 7 lbs. I’d much rather have 5/8 threads than 1/2”, nicely done tikka.
Im a bit of a purist (read:not a flat bill wearing hipster😂), went 300WM but should have gone WSM in the tikka platform. Live and learn. My buddy went WSM and i gave him tons of shit for it. Who's laughing now?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I could do without the chrome hubcaps, pin stripes, and fuzzy dice. Especially for the price tag. Getting close to Barrett money now. I’ll take used OG T3’s for $500 over the new stuff.

But it’s yo money....

Yup, Im just going to get a plain old t3x in 308 or 30-06, throw an SWFA on it and work up a good load for it and shoot the heck out of it.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What I don't totally get about the twist rate issue is SOME of the calibers they are fine and others SLOW. The 6.5 twist rate 1:8, yet the 6mm is slowed back down to 1:10. Obviously complaints with the 30cal at 1:11 also.

Generally a big MEH on these, don't want a radial brake and the rest is bolt on bling.

9/16 is a happy medium and fits nicely for the light Tikka barrels.

I was hoping they'd come out with a T3x Lite in 280 AI with a fast twist 24 inch barrel. Looks like it will be a Kimber Montana or a Weatherby Backcountry. Can't believe Savage put a 22 inch barrel on the 280 AI in their new 110 Ultralite line.
You think the 2 inches is going to make that big of a difference on the ultralight? I’m not being argumentative, seriously asking. I figure it will only affect it 25-50 fps at most. Probably going to get one is why I’m asking.

16Bore

WKR
Run the numbers on your load 100 FPS slower and see if it’s worth worrying about.

Finn16

WKR
Seems to me putting a 22 inch tube on a 280 AI puts you at the same velocity as a 280 Rem with a 24 inch tube. To each his own but why not put a 24 incher on it and take advantage of the cartridge? 24 inches is still plenty manageable unlike a 26 inch.

16Bore

WKR
Gotta make concessions somewhere. 24” Montana is a nice package.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Surely, it wouldn't be hard to get a 280AI over 2900fps with 160 grain bullets with a 22" barrel.