Tikka Performance Mountain Tactical replacement magazine wont accept 3.4" COAL Anybody have better success?

OP
S

steffen707

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Tikka 7SAUM. The Tikka's are perfect for long bullets in short, fat cases. They feed great out of factory Tikka mags as well in the Mountain Tactical bottom metal. I run 180EldM's and there is no chance of maxing out the mag length.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
so you use the factory plastic magazine, but have the Mountain Tactical bottom metal to replace the factory plastic bottom metal?

Is every thread on Rokslide trying to get me to spend money building a 7SAUM? Or do I have some serious confirmation bias going on?

OP
S

steffen707

Lil-Rokslider
Is every thread on Rokslide trying to get me to spend money building a 7SAUM? Or do I have some serious confirmation bias going on?
well I just discovered what Hammer bullets are and Cutting Edge Bullets. They're other copper mono bullets like Barnes, but they fragment. So now my bullet choices just went from 3 to 10 that i'm wondering about.

Like Barnes, these are much longer for the same weight as a lead core bullet. So I think they'll like the 7saum more than a 7RM.

I think the saum world is sucking you in.

well I just discovered what Hammer bullets are and Cutting Edge Bullets. They're other copper mono bullets like Barnes, but they fragment. So now my bullet choices just went from 3 to 10 that i'm wondering about.

Like Barnes, these are much longer for the same weight as a lead core bullet. So I think they'll like the 7saum more than a 7RM.

I think the saum world is sucking you in.
Bullets don't seem to be too much of a problem. Brass on the other hand....

And I'm not really set up to reload yet. I could probably get Unknown Munitions to load me up for a couple of years till I have space to reload again but.....maybe I should just stay with my 7mm-08 and 7mm RM.