Tikka romance confessions wanted

OP
menhaden_man
Owning a Tikka is like having an ugly girlfriend with a "nice personality". I mean, they will both do anything you want, and when its time to get down and dirty, they will both perform! You just dont really want to take them out to show them off!

You must be young enough to maintain some standards! I’ll stroll into town with my ol’ Mossberg 500 from 1990 like I’m the man, myth and the legend. That Tikka stainless is pure class 🤣🤣🤣!

OP
menhaden_man
Finally made it to the range today to check out my new stainless T3X in 6.5 CM... DNZ rings and the SWFA lightweight scope from Black Friday sale. Brought a box of cheap American Gunner ammo (140 gr) figuring I’d just get on the paper. I did break in my barrel a couple weekends ago on my porch (20 yds into the dirt).

These two targets are the first six bullets out of the rifle at 100 yards. Shot three, adjusted and dropped another three touching. Gotta say, I’m feeling the love! Next 10 rounds were all in the same inch.

Not that I agree with everything on here, but sure appreciate the insights from guys like @16Bore @Formidilosus @luke moffat - I’ve got a laser with cheap ammo... gonna be a fun rifle! Got to admit I was missing out. And that SWFA scope is money.

882A83D8-3E9B-4AF4-8F02-D32B5E674AB0.png
C6E4C89E-FF74-4C0B-8395-D6C9DD13F381.png

OP
menhaden_man
Do their lightweight scopes dial?

They don’t have the turrets like the tactical line but after playing with the scope a bit I wouldn’t hesitate dialing if I had to. Don’t plan on it since I shoot most of my animals at 200 yds or so... Haven’t done a tracking test but I’ll play with that at the range one day and post here. Overall - at $249 on their sale - you’d be hard pressed to find a 9 oz scope that is as durable. Search the threads here, lots of love for the SWFA. Glad I bought the hype - there’s a reason for it.

Motown

WKR
Shot this group last weekend with my 6.5 T3X Lite at 200 with a solid 10-12mph crosswind. Tried to let the wind die down between shots but I know the furthest to the right was me or the wind. This was the first time trying factory 143 eldx ammo and I am pretty impressed. These guns just flat out shoot.

Attachments

• 601ED396-0D87-4904-A05E-1B6A7B3CE0F4.jpeg
    601ED396-0D87-4904-A05E-1B6A7B3CE0F4.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 39
Shot this group last weekend with my 6.5 T3X Lite at 200 with a solid 10-12mph crosswind. Tried to let the wind die down between shots but I know the furthest to the right was me or the wind. This was the first time trying factory 143 eldx ammo and I am pretty impressed. These guns just flat out shoot.
Yes they do. No drama. Just predictably good shooting.

Now that I've found a good load using 120 TSX's for my Howa Alpine, it's giving my Tikka a run for it's money. But that's a great problem to have.

robtattoo

WKR
My only issue with Tikka, is that for the life of me, I can't find a stainless T3x Lite in 6.5x55!
I really didn't want to get in the bandwagon, but I bought a .30-06 T3x Lite a couple of years back & there isn't a thing I don't like about it (well, I can't get it to like 165 accubonds) It'll slap 10 partitions into a happy little ¾" hole, all day, every day. I killed my first elk with it & it's tipped a few whitetail too. I zeroed the little Vx2 2-7 at 200yds & I'm more than happy with the hashmark positions out to 500. It's light, it's smooth, it's comfortable to shoot, it's accurate as hell & I don't mind scratching it up.
Damn thing put me off $2,000 customs for life.

OP
menhaden_man

Now that’s a damn fine group! Funny thing is I picked up all these reloading components before shooting and now it’s gonna be hard to find motivation to play with them 🤣.

16Bore

WKR
Now that’s a damn fine group! Funny thing is I picked up all these reloading components before shooting and now it’s gonna be hard to find motivation to play with them 🤣.

My “reloading MO” was whatever group I got with factory ammo, I wanted hand loads to be 1/2 the size.

Soooo.....

Good luck with that! 😆

OP
menhaden_man
My “reloading MO” was whatever group I got with factory ammo, I wanted hand loads to be 1/2 the size.

Soooo.....

Good luck with that! 😆

Don’t worry, I’ve got some other guns I can work on... gonna be real hard to convince myself spending time at the bench for this one tho! Maybe I need to buy a few more now that I think about it 🤔

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
My only issue with Tikka, is that for the life of me, I can't find a stainless T3x Lite in 6.5x55!
I really didn't want to get in the bandwagon, but I bought a .30-06 T3x Lite a couple of years back & there isn't a thing I don't like about it (well, I can't get it to like 165 accubonds) It'll slap 10 partitions into a happy little ¾" hole, all day, every day. I killed my first elk with it & it's tipped a few whitetail too. I zeroed the little Vx2 2-7 at 200yds & I'm more than happy with the hashmark positions out to 500. It's light, it's smooth, it's comfortable to shoot, it's accurate as hell & I don't mind scratching it up.
Damn thing put me off $2,000 customs for life.

I’m getting ready to sell my T3X 6.5x55 - it’s a stainless fluted Hunter model that was in a wood stock, I put it in a McMillan hunters edge. If interested PM me.

I love my Tikka T3Lite .308. Are there any worthy changes to the Tikka T3x?

dc0eaa0fcc0b41b38df9528f34925062.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stalker69

WKR
Guilty, I was looking at new rifles and had decided on a tikka, then was going to replace the stock with an after market. Hated the looks of chassis stocked rifles. But somehow during my search, I fell in love with the tikka a1 and that is what I ended up with.