Tikka scope mounting options?

Bcleck90

WKR
@deadwolf something to consider if you’re looking at pic rails, but maybe your Tikka has different tolerances than the 3 I’ve messed with.

Last edited:
OP
D

deadwolf

WKR
OP
D

deadwolf

WKR
@deadwolf something to consider if you’re looking at pic rails, but maybe your Tikka has different tolerances than the 3 I’ve messed with.

Appreciate the info, we ordered an area419 rail which shouldn’t have any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GA Precision, Bushnell, and a whole lot of people that covet that scope would disagree with you on that I think. Hence the reason they worked together to bring about version two of the LRHS.

Sent from my iPhone
I guess you have reading comprehension issues
I never said that it wasn’t a great scope

Most people would thank me for showing exactly what that scope looks like on that rifle with a couple of the best mounting options

That is a hell of a big scope for a hunting rifle, tried it but didn’t like it either way
Rail and low rings
View attachment 403679
Sportsmatch
View attachment 403680

Now
View attachment 403681

CR:

Thanks for the pics.

I have a couple of the 4.5-18's LRHS/LRTS and a few of the 3-12's. I really like the dimensions of the 3-12's, and for field shots at big game, I don't need anything over 12x. Disappointed that they discontinued the 3-12's, but glad the 4.5-18 still available.

Does anyone use this option?

I have them on my Tikka T3 now, for a 1" scope. I'm switching to a 30mm scope this summer once I get my Game Scout stock from McMillan. I'm looking at Tikka Optilocks or the Sportsmatch rings.

ol490

Lil-Rokslider
JohnyRingo - I use those on 3 different tikka t3 lites. My primary one has been in use since about 2005, flown, been in scabbards horseback, strapped to backpacks etc. None of the four have ever had an issue and I’ve never had to adjust zero once mounted. Granted these are all 1” versions but I have grown to trust them and they would be my choice if I put a 30mm on.

Does anyone use this option?

I have them on my Tikka T3 now, for a 1" scope. I'm switching to a 30mm scope this summer once I get my Game Scout stock from McMillan. I'm looking at Tikka Optilocks or the Sportsmatch rings.
You probably know this already, but the mating recoil pin on the rings requires that it be mounted in a certain spot on the rail. Depending on the scope, it could potentially limit getting the scope mounted for optimal eye relief.