Tikka Shroud...MT vs Beretta

Idaboy

WKR
Looking to replace my plastic shroud....anyone have any real world comparison of the Mountain Tactical vs the Tikka/Beretta?...the Beretta is like $40 but I didn't know if it is loose/rattles....looks like the new ones come with a spring...this is for Tikka T3
The Mountain Tactical looks nice but is quite a bit more.
Thanks!

Tod osier

WKR
Looking to replace my plastic shroud....anyone have any real world comparison of the Mountain Tactical vs the Tikka/Beretta?...the Beretta is like $40 but I didn't know if it is loose/rattles....looks like the new ones come with a spring...this is for Tikka T3
The Mountain Tactical looks nice but is quite a bit more.
Thanks!
I put a new factory one on my t3. Fit is very good and snug with the spring. I don’t know how important looks are for you, but it is not a thing of beauty. I don’t know what the finish actually is on the factory one, but it is matte/rough not shiny machined. I’m very happy with it.

OP
Idaboy

Idaboy

WKR
Thanks for input...."thing of beauty", that's funny

slowelk

WKR
I ordered a Mountain Tactical Shroud for a T3 that had the plastic shroud, it made the bolt lift incredibly heavy on opening and rough on close. I returned it and ordered the metallic one from Beretta - no issues.

Rob5589

WKR
One of mine has the MT; nice machining, good fit. The other has the factory plastic, which has never been an issue. I don't see replacing the plastic one as a "must do," more of a want.

Lawnboi

WKR
The only aftermarket shroud I have is a sterk. It dosnt even require a spring, super tight tolerance.

Totally not needed but it is nice.

I purchased a MT Gen 4 to replace the factory metal one. If you want my factory one you can have it. Function didn’t change at all. The factory spring appears to be more robust than the provided MT spring. The “upgrade” is purely aesthetic IMO and unless you consider shaving 1/2” oz worth the money. 8D163537-BFA8-4144-AE75-4F000BBA3942.jpegF730BE37-3B69-45FF-84D3-AF74E9C5DCEE.jpeg