Tikka Sportsmatch Rings Ejection Problems

Shane431

FNG
Put a set of sportsmatch TO84 rings with a SWFA 3-9 on my Tikka. When I cycle a round after firing 50% of the brass bounces off of the windage turret and land back in the action. Anyone have a solution besides going to higher rings?

JGRaider

WKR
Unless you're dialing for wind, just get it zeroed and take the windage turret off. That's one thing I hate about that scope.

Grumman

WKR
Do you have room in the eye box to move it forward or back any? Sometimes a little adjustment there can make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tunafed

FNG
I ran into the same problem with my T3 and an LRTS 3-12. Moving the scope back and forth, and removing the windage cap didn't help in my case. I had read about having a smith either lower the ejection port, adding a second ejector or tuning the extractor. In the end I went with an area 419 20 moa rail and hawkins lows. No complaints about the set up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
Shane431

Shane431

FNG
I’m probably going to add a rail and some rings. Anyone want to buy some sportsmatch rings TO84?

Ohearchai

FNG
Seen it happen on Tikkas, and a few rem 700 that in my opinion had sako or m16 extractors incorrectly installed. Extra ejector on tikka might help in changing in the angle. Going to higher rings obviously will help but not everbody has an adjustable comb.