Tikka Stock

I’m sure this subject has been worn out, but I’ll ask anyway. Need to upgrade a couple of Tikkas and wondering what else is out there besides Bell and Carlson. These are simply for carrying and hunting. No long range bench shooting.

I am fine with B and C but they are a bit chunky. Wondering if there are options

I've purchased a number of them. No issues at all. They are well build (similar to a Bansner), lightweight and arrive generally in only a few weeks.

Been giving it a go on a manners. She’s all right but I reckon most of It is to show ur buddies and a lot less about performance gains.

next go round it’ll be a krg bravo for a piggy

leave it alone for an all rounder, maybe slap on a vert grip to help get the trigger bow closer to 90 for the booger hooker .

and a diy wildcat for big missions when it’s more apt to be strapped to the pack and shot little.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Been giving it a go on a manners. She’s all right but I reckon most of It is to show ur buddies and a lot less about performance gains.

next go round it’ll be a krg bravo for a piggy

leave it alone for an all rounder, maybe slap on a vert grip to help get the trigger bow closer to 90 for the booger hooker .

and a diy wildcat for big missions when it’s more apt to be strapped to the pack and shot little.

I had the manners for a bit but it’s just like you said, I didn’t really see a performance gain. My buddy really wanted the manners so I sold it to him. Now
I just use the factory stock with the vertical grip.

Eventually I’d like to try something else but nothing has really intrigued me. I don’t want to wait a year for a McMillan, I’m not impressed with the Mesa precision stocks, seems like some don’t fit the rifles well, a bell and Carlson isn’t really an upgrade on a tikka....I guess if I was going to try something, I’d look at those wildcat composite stocks. I wouldn’t mind lightening the gun up a bit as I’m not concerned about recoil in my 6.5.

Mines a t4a so a wee bit different then what you had (assuming it was a eht )

it doesn’t make sense to design a stock that has drop in the comb tho, so next go round will be the krg, and as much as a 5” gap in the barrel channel and chincy feeling butt end isn’t ideal, at 380$ with included bottom metal it’s good value and the balance doesn’t get thrown off too much even running spotter barrel.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Mines a t4a so a wee bit different then what you had (assuming it was a eht )

it doesn’t make sense to design a stock that has drop in the comb tho, so next go round will be the krg, and as much as a 5” gap in the barrel channel and chincy feeling butt end isn’t ideal, at 380$ with included bottom metal it’s good value and the balance doesn’t get thrown off too much even running spotter barrel.

yeah I had the EHT, it was fine, didn’t really seem like a major upgrade.

Mlank

FNG
I like my brother's Tikka/s in B&C stocks; he buys/sells/upgrades/downgrades so much they don't stick around long.

Are you upgrading T3 or T3x stocks? Asking in case you might sell after replacing.

I’m very close to finishing up a tikka build with a mcmillan HTG. Tracking info says it’ll be here this coming Tuesday if I remember correctly. I’ve got a carbon barrel on the way for it too, so my options weren’t as open as yours, assuming you’re keeping the stock barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
I got a Manners MCS-TA (I think) on a T3 I got it on the available now page f... It is nice but for the price point, probably would’ve been better off keeping the factory stock with the aftermarket adjustable cheek piece..

and to add to it- also with a 50mm objective, you’ll, I did at least have to raise your cheek piece on this stock, which then does not allow the bolt to fully cycle I had to do a little basement gunsmithing...

for the 6-700$ price tag that was a let down.........