Tikka superlite / Mesa / X-bolt

OP
A

Adkmtn26

FNG
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their reccomendations. I went to the shop and handled them side by side, was even able to shoot a tikka and an x bolt. The x bolt just fit better,I went with the x bolt micro midas composite with a brake in 7mm08 now trying to decide on glass. Gun weight is 6.2 lbs on my scale.

Attachments

• 0903191130.jpg
    0903191130.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 0903191129_HDR.jpg
    0903191129_HDR.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 91

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on your purchase. Accurate rifles & a smooth action. If they would just upgrade their trigger it would be tough to beat in that mid tier price range.

Not sure of your price range for optics but I would check out the 4-16-44 zeiss v4 at redhawk rifles or a vx5 leupold

They are. But the max length limits you in the longer ammo
handloaded and bought factory ammo for Superlights in 300 win mag, 7mm RM, 30.06 and not encountered ANY factory ammo that would not fit the factory clip nor have I ever had any problem with accuracy in handloads with any of my SAAMI length rounds …..

Depends on what caliber your interested in. If you want a true long action magnum probably a Browning. But if not personally I would go with a Tikka superlite in a 300wsm. They have a smooth action, great factory adjustable trigger & many great aftermarket parts being made available including stocks,trigger springs,extended coal magazines & bolt handles. I have seen very few that weren’t very very accurate. On top of that they come in at a bargain price compared to the others & are a great build platform if so desired down the road.

With all that said, a Tikka T3x Superlite in 300 wsm shooting a pill somewhere between 180-200 would be my choice.(y):cool:
as yet … TIKKA "superlights" are not offered in WSM chamberings ….. (unless they JUST started offering)

I have several light wt. rifles in chamberings of .300wsm, .270win, 6.5cm, and 7mm08. The 7mm08 is a Tikka T3 lite in stainless/synthetic and I have a hard time considering it really light wt. since it weighs over 7 lbs. all up. The Tikka is very accurate and has a very smooth action, but I absolutely hate the stock, and don't hunt it much (it's only been on one moose hunt), because it weighs more than any of my other light wt. rifles. I know I could drop another several hundred dollars on a much nicer stock, which would definitely improve my thoughts about the rifle in general, but I don't think that I want to put several hundred dollars in to it and still have a "heavy" light wt. rifle. All my LW rifles are sub MOA shooters, so no issues there, but I'm definitely least fond of the Tikka, although I do like the 7mm08 caliber.
Although I never hated the T3 stock the T3X stock is a well done improvement, I like mine and find it very similar in feel/fit to my Kimber HUNTER - Have seen NO "need" to spend extra funds on an aftermarket stock for the T3X's as they kill plenty of game and do it well ….. ++ on the 7mm/08 as well

I own a couple of tikkas and shot a browning. Both were great. Tikka trigger was better. Fit and finish on browning was much better. Tikka stock feels like plastic. Tikka was just about half the price.

IMO for hunting they both shoot very well. Browning looks and feels better in the hand. The tikka is the best value among the brands you mentioned.
Tikka T3x stock IS "plastic" but a very good "plastic" ("polymer" per Beretta USA and designed by a prestigious Italian gun maker)

rlmmarine

WKR
Depends on what caliber your interested in. If you want a true long action magnum probably a Browning. But if not personally I would go with a Tikka superlite in a 300wsm. They have a smooth action, great factory adjustable trigger & many great aftermarket parts being made available including stocks,trigger springs,extended coal magazines & bolt handles. I have seen very few that weren’t very very accurate. On top of that they come in at a bargain price compared to the others & are a great build platform if so desired down the road.

With all that said, a Tikka T3x Superlite in 300 wsm shooting a pill somewhere between 180-200 would be my choice.(y):cool:
Im preaty sure they dont offer the superlight in a 300wsm i was forced to by the win mag

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
Was thinking they did but thanks for correcting me on that. The tikka plastic stocks are functional for sure & far better than most other manufacturers. Personally I’ve never thought much of Browning’s duratouch stocks either. Especially when so many turned into a gooey booger over time.🤷‍♂️

Lawnboi

WKR
handloaded and bought factory ammo for Superlights in 300 win mag, 7mm RM, 30.06 and not encountered ANY factory ammo that would not fit the factory clip nor have I ever had any problem with accuracy in handloads with any of my SAAMI length rounds …..

What if I told you I have a case of factory ammo that would not work in the t3 due to length.

What if I told you I have a case of factory ammo that would not work in the t3 due to length.
I'd probably ask what kind ? if you do why not state the type and brand ??
a person can load their rounds so long as to make your rifle a single shot but I find this practice unnecessary and rather .... "silly"

Bojangles21

Lil-Rokslider
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their reccomendations. I went to the shop and handled them side by side, was even able to shoot a tikka and an x bolt. The x bolt just fit better,I went with the x bolt micro midas composite with a brake in 7mm08 now trying to decide on glass. Gun weight is 6.2 lbs on my scale.

I got a gen 1 razor for sale that would be badass atop that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
According to the “experts” the Tikka barrel won’t stabilize the 215. I wouldn’t give up on the Tikka for this one bullet. Will this cartridge work in the other two rifles magazines?

All I can speak for is the Mesa. They barely fit, and shoot amazing for me

Zeiss V4 6-24x50. Really think it’s the best bang for your buck at a reasonable weight.
Many years ago I tried a Leupold varix 6.5 x 20 on my elk rifle, although at outstanding varmint scope for the life of me I couldn't at the time and now cannot figure out why an ELK HUNTER would want that much optic on their rifle

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
To each their own. My rifle is more for mule deer than elk hunting but I don’t think 6-24 is too much anything unless your hunting thick dark timber all the time.🤷‍♂️