tikka superlite with CTR stock?

Tuby27

Lil-Rokslider
anyone know if a Tikka CTR stock will fit in a Superlite action/barrel? any modification needed? and can the superlite bottom metal be used instead of the CTR bottom metal? looking to upgrade my t3x stock and need a slight comb for my scope ring setup. if you've done it before, pics welcome. thanks.

OP
T

Tuby27

Lil-Rokslider
sorry, forgot to mention in a long action superlite...if it makes any difference. and I want to use my t3x mag. thx

All Tikka actions are the same length, so it’ll work, but the bottom metal won’t. That metal only takes CTR mags, and those are only made in short action (308/223).

mt100gr.

WKR
Your T3x (polymer) magazine will not work in the CTR bottom metal. All Tikka actions are "long". Are you trying to fit a long action cartridge thru the CTR setup?

OP
T

Tuby27

Lil-Rokslider
Your T3x (polymer) magazine will not work in the CTR bottom metal. All Tikka actions are "long". Are you trying to fit a long action cartridge thru the CTR setup?
yes basically I want the tikka t3x stock with the factory comb/cheek riser for my 270win superlite. I was hoping I can buy a used ctr stock then change the bottom metal to my 270win. unless there's any other alternatives for aftermarket stocks that won't break my bank and light weight. thanks.

OP
T

Tuby27

Lil-Rokslider
awesome, thanks. haven't seen these before. the ones I've seen are ugly and kinda like a diy cheek rest.

mt100gr.

WKR
awesome, thanks. haven't seen these before. the ones I've seen are ugly and kinda like a diy cheek rest.
If you go the Victor Co route, just double check the drill bit size that they send with it! I got one that would have been too big to get any threads to hold well, but I check everything like that before I go drilling! Also, the Victor cheek rest is just a touch wide so I found that a couple layers of silicone adhesive on the sides makes for a nice snug fit. Good luck!

I have a Mathews fabrication kydex cheek piece. Works amazing. Way cheaper than a CTR stock if you can find one and very adjustable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a kydex cheek rest too. Install took about 20 minutes On my Lite 6.5 creed. Works just as well as my CTR stocked 308 and the stock weighs less.

RC51kid

FNG
anyone know if a Tikka CTR stock will fit in a Superlite action/barrel? any modification needed? and can the superlite bottom metal be used instead of the CTR bottom metal? looking to upgrade my t3x stock and need a slight comb for my scope ring setup. if you've done it before, pics welcome. thanks.
I know this is a old thread. But I just put a CTR stock on my T3x Vail which is basicly a fancier Lite. The Vail has a medium contour barrel so it fits the CTR stock channel well. With a Lite barrel you will have a bigger gap. Lite bottom metal fits but has a 1-2mm gap around it in the CTR stock. Since it is held in place bya pin and screws it works fine. Mags work fine also. Those are the only "issues".