Tikka T3 Cheek Riser

I have one very similar to the Mountain Tactical. I don't really like it for a couple reasons. 1) It tends to slip down easily, so the height isn't necessarily consistent. 2) I can't get my bolt out with it in the position I like it.

I think something like the Victor, assuming it comes off easily so you can get the bolt out, would be ideal.

Macintosh

WKR
If you can find the tikka version from a varmint or ctr—easier said than done—it is better than any others I have seen because it has a slightly negative comb, which reduces felt recoil and helps with spotting your shots. I dont understand why tikka doesnt sell these in the US.
Bradley is more $ but removable for cleaning if thats an issue for you.

Last edited:
OP
weisenbu

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for the replies this far. Very helpful!

Antares

WKR
I need to install a cheek riser on my Tikka factory stock to get good eye alignment. I have narrowed it down to these two:

Any input from folks that have used either riser would be much appreciated. I have a Triad Tactical stock pack now and it works fine, but looking for an installed solution. Thanks!

I've got the Titan riser on 3 of my rifles. I think they work great for what they are. Here's a little write-up I did:

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/the-perfect-tikka-stock-for-100.293846/

OP
weisenbu

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
Antares, I saw your thread and read it a few times, which is what made me consider the Victor in the first place. Thank you for that. I'm assuming you can place the Victor in a location on the stock so that it provides a good cheek weld while also allowing removal of the bolt? Since it is screwed on, I'd rather not remove it every time I want to remove the bolt. Thanks!

OP
weisenbu

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
I just reread your thread and it looks like you have to remove the bolt shroud to remove your bolt. Sorry for not catching that sooner.

What objective size scope are you using? Do you find that the Victor provides enough lift with the two included spacers?

Antares

WKR
You could certainly scoot the riser back 1/4" or 1/2" and it would allow you to remove the bolt without taking the shroud off. It wouldn't affect cheek weld. You could also notch the riser. Honestly, mine is mounted where it is because I wasn't paying attention when I mounted it. I just decided to live with taking the shroud off instead of drill more holes in the stock.

Two spacers is plenty for me and I like a lot of comb height (I really smoosh my face down on the comb). This is a 42mm objective and you can see it's mounted pretty high; two spacers works fine there. I would think two spacers would be plenty for a 44mm or even 50mm objective depending on ring height. I think Victor sells extra spacers too if you needed them.

img_8039-jpg.513384

I have one like the mountain tactical from ebay and i like it. I actually just ordered another( razor rest i think). weighs 4 oz with hardware. i marked with sharpie the height i like. me and my son will use this rifle so i want the adjustability.

B23

WKR
I have numerous Kydex adj. cheek risers, like the one from Mtn Tactical, and they work great! I've never had a problem with one slipping or moving on its own. Most of them that I have use slotted fasteners so a coin from your pocket or the spine of a pocket knife will work to loosen/tighten the screws.

If you slot them in the front it helps with pulling the bolt without readjusting it.

Samson7x

WKR
I have both styles and prefer the victor. I've had the kydex mtn tactical slip a few times. The Karsten is a better design because it has slotted for each position and won't slip.

11Justin22

Lil-Rokslider
I have the mtn tactical and it will slip if you push on it. Bought some grip tape and put between the riser and stock and it solved the slippage. Cant see it at all. I'm happy with it as I can adjust it exactly where I want and put some negative rise into it.

NSI

WKR
I have both styles and prefer the victor. I've had the kydex mtn tactical slip a few times. The Karsten is a better design because it has slotted for each position and won't slip.
I'm trying to buy the slotted Karsten type and it appears the company went out of biz. Website goes to broker, all retailers list backordered, etc. What a shame. May install Mountain Tactical and just spray foam it to eliminate possibility of slippage. Don't want high cheek rest so much as I just want to slope the comb negatively, for cheap.

-J