Tikka T3 Muzzlebreak

Does anyone have experience putting a break on a Tikka T3?

I have a 7mm rem mag that I am considering putting a break on and would like to know everyone's experience. I had a guy tell me that his accuracy went down once a break was put on...

Thanks

Previous owner put one on from mesa tactical. Still shoots sub 1 moa.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I put a defensive edge on mine. Significantly reduced the recoil, loud AF though! Shoots factory noslers like they are hand loads.

Bkottke35

WKR
I’ve got a high tech customs muzzlebreak on my Tikka T3 338 win mag. Shoots better than without. Much more pleasant to shoot now too.

B.

Muttly

WKR
Put an Area 419 Hellfire on my T3x 7 Mag. Total pussycat, didn't notice any decline in accuracy. Doesn't seem to be hellaciously loud like some of em. In the interest of full disclosure, I will admit the turbos have also gotten quieter over the years..

finner

Lil-Rokslider
yI had Snowy Mountain Rifles brake my T3X. Shoots better than before

Muzzlebrakes and more.

The only way a muzzlebrake would actually affect accuracy would be if the brake was loose or the threads were cut too close to the bore and distorting it.

Maybe if it was a heavy brake it could change harmonics as well.

Sled

WKR
i had 2 different tikka t3 lite 270 wsm. one was stock with a limbsaver airtech pad and one had a radial brake on it with factory butt pad. they both had similar accuracy, similar felt recoil and one was louder. guess which one i kept.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
If a muzzle brake is affecting your accuracy negatively, you probably need a new gunsmith. Skip radial brakes because they aren't as effective and they spray debris in your face and your scope when shooting prone. A properly installed side port muzzle brake will make a big difference in muzzle jump and felt recoil.

I have had quite a few installed and my favorite is the Gen 1 Micro Bastard from APA. They are very effective, about 1.5" long, and lightweight. Micro Bastard

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
If a muzzle brake is affecting your accuracy negatively, you probably need a new gunsmith. Skip radial brakes because they aren't as effective and they spray debris in your face and your scope when shooting prone. A properly installed side port muzzle brake will make a big difference in muzzle jump and felt recoil.

I have had quite a few installed and my favorite is the Gen 1 Micro Bastard from APA. They are very effective, about 1.5" long, and lightweight. Micro Bastard

This^^^^^^^^^^. Have them on several tikkas. Very very good brakes.

Randy

FNG
I put the Micro Bastard on I did not turn it down just tapered it in. Made a big difference. No change in accuracy

Not to be the grammar police but break is when something snaps.. brake is slowing down. You want a muzzle brake.

MROTS96

FNG
The recoil on the stock T3 is quite unpleasant. Put a limbsaver pad on and it helps a little. A brake would help even more.