Tikka T3/T3x Aftermarket Stock Pics

Antares

WKR
Just installed my EH1 on my Tikka Veil Alpine
714cacb95e1f346fc2dd666769482fb4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet fallow shed. Good looking rifle too.

TX_Diver

WKR
I have not. The bravo is a great budget chassis, I’m sure the X-ray is very similar. Only thing I didn’t care for in a krg chassis for a hunting rifle is aics mags.
Why’s that out of curiosity? Possibility of detaching while hiking compared to the oem stock?

Imo the Mesa is one of the worst designs in terms of inlet and recoil management.

Couple mcmillan and manners have been awesome. Got another manners coming with a factory mag mini chassis. Both of my mcmillan stocks have been an upgrade in terms of rigidity and fit. If the eh1 coming is anything like my rem clone eh1, That’s likely the direction I’d take for a hunting gun.

Iv had a bravo, it was good too. Want an xlr for my match rifle. And have messed wit a few more mcmillan and a bun AG.

Pictures can be found in the tikka thread.

Unless you can’t stand it, a big barrel gap is absolutely 100% not a big deal. I thought the same as you a while ago. Barrels are consumable and from now on every stock I get will be cut big, for anything I could possibly want to put in it. The eh1 that’s coming was cut for a m24, my match rifle a straight contour. More float is better than less float.
I've had my eyes on the Mesa for a while- What is it about the recoil you think? Location of the butt-pad?

echampion8

Lil-Rokslider
Yes on the mini chassis. When I purchased it, the dealer said it weighed 36 oz. I didn’t have a scale to verify though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
What does that weigh without the glass?
The stock is 30.95 ounces. Not sure what it all weighs without glass. I knew at one time but don’t know. Here’s all in with ammo. 8lbs 14oz ready to hunt with suppressor and all!

Attachments

• EEA8FACE-B586-46E8-BD4E-6B39B817B321.png
    EEA8FACE-B586-46E8-BD4E-6B39B817B321.png
    761.3 KB · Views: 174

Ucsdryder

WKR
Thanks for the info. Do you find that setup to be too much to shoot freehand?
Nope. This has come up a few times and I don’t know why. It’s more stable than the factory stock for sure. Shot a cow this year leaning on a tree, a buck antelope and bull elk off my spartan bipod.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks for the info. Do you find that setup to be too much to shoot freehand?
Nope. This has come up a few times and I don’t know why. It’s more stable than the factory stock for sure. Shot a cow this year leaning on a tree, a buck antelope and bull elk off my spartan bipod.
Not to stick my nose where it doesn’t belong but he asked about shooting “freehand” and you gave 3 examples of scenarios where the shots were not freehand…

Ucsdryder

WKR
Not to stick my nose where it doesn’t belong but he asked about shooting “freehand” and you gave 3 examples of scenarios where the shots were not freehand…
Sorry, I should have clarified. I didn’t get to kill anything freehand this year. I’ll do everything in my power to not shoot freehand if possible. I love a nice tree, over freehand, if I don’t have time to setup on a bipod or in taller cover. I did shoot plenty this summer so I’m familiar with how the rifle holds in that situation.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
Vertical grips being bad for free hand or more vertical body shooting is a myth that needs to die.

Look what many of the free hand rifle sports are using, they are not broom stick stocks.
Agreed. Vertical grip provides a natural feel and position. I instantly felt more comfortable and consistent.

Vertical grips being bad for free hand or more vertical body shooting is a myth that needs to die.

Look what many of the free hand rifle sports are using, they are not broom stick stocks.
I agree, I was really after his personal thoughts and experience on the matter.

Old post, but how does the cheek weld line up with your scope? I'm looking at the same stock. Also, I haave the same veil alpine stock, so it's nice to see that the moss matches very well. The oem cerakote is an odd color.

Attachments

• 20210715_164134.jpg
    20210715_164134.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 78