Tikka T3

ROJO23

FNG
I just picked up my new Tikka in 300 wsm. Do most people use the clamp on style rings, or add a base and rings? it came with clamp on style rings, but most people say they are junk.

Ftguides

Lil-Rokslider
great gun. talleys have always been good to go. Get a recoil pad, and replace the stock bolt shroud. Might as well do it now before it breaks or starts rattling. in that caliber, just like a 300 win mag, the tikka will kick like a sob. hence, be meticulous when mounting your optic.

hodgeman

WKR
I had one in .300WSM. I used the factory rings and they were fine. However, they are easy to damage, so use a torque driver to install them.

The DNZ folks make a really nice unit for that model as well.

KClark

WKR
I didn't trust the factory rings on my T3 300 WSM so I added an EGW base and Warne rings, very solid setup. Warne also makes T3 rings that have a recoil stud that drops in the hole on top of the receiver, another very solid setup.

Apparently talleyssuck, but mine have eaten shit so many times and stayed zeroes no problems. Seems to always be me that gets broken and not the rings.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bought my 7mm t3 in 2003 it has zero mods. Take it out each year and it drives tacks. The factory rings will do fine simply upgrade choices for the rings and recoil pad. Great guns they are

GKPrice

Banned
When installed correctly (and carefully) the stock rings are adequate but Tikka discontinued inclusion of them with the T3x rifles for some "good reason" I'd imagine - All mentioned are good ring/base combos - I use Mountain Tactical rail and Leupold PRW rings and have had 0 issues whatsoever - I use the MT rail because they build them to incorporate the lug recess on the Tikka bridge with a recoil lug, may not be "needed" but sure doesn't hurt anything either and there's reason for every design feature in every action I believe