Tikka T3x 300 Win Scope Mounting options

Had a dnz game reaper on my main 6.5 creed tikka until this week. I upgraded the scope an NF and decided to go sportsmatch rings. I haven’t fielded it yet, and I expect the sportsmatch rings will hold up to their reputation. However, they are not a confidence inspiring as the DNZ.

FWIW my medium t084s would not fit a shortish (NF nx8) 50mm scope I tried. The current 44mm has clearance for the bell and scope cover but the 50mm wouldn’t lay down for me.

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
You say that, but I knocked a Dnz loose on my tikka somewhere between 40 rounds, a few weeks in and out of a gun rack on a sxs, a round trip flight and 20 mountain miles.

Shoey0331

FNG
Had a dnz game reaper on my main 6.5 creed tikka until this week. I upgraded the scope an NF and decided to go sportsmatch rings. I haven’t fielded it yet, and I expect the sportsmatch rings will hold up to their reputation. However, they are not a confidence inspiring as the DNZ.

FWIW my medium t084s would not fit a shortish (NF nx8) 50mm scope I tried. The current 44mm has clearance for the bell and scope cover but the 50mm wouldn’t lay down for me.
I tried the t084 medium and they did not fit. I don't want to do their high because that's too much. Going to the DNZ as well. My gunsmith said it'll be more stable as well.

You say that, but I knocked a Dnz loose on my tikka somewhere between 40 rounds, a few weeks in and out of a gun rack on a sxs, a round trip flight and 20 mountain miles.

that sucks. I guess any mount can fail. I have been learning some painful lessons about loctite and 242 not bonding to stainless on some of my target guns. Two stainless guns with recently mounted red dots both shot loose twice. A gun smith and some forums convinced me that my loctite (242) needed an accelerant or I needed to use a different formula.

live and learn, I guess. However, it has me suspect of a couple of my long gun mount jobs including that tikka with the sports match Rings. A couple of blown $20 pistol matches is one thing, but a blown hunt, especially a fly away, is another.

@dan25 FWIW I bought a tikka 300 Win since that last post. I am mounting it now with a 50mm NF scope. I opted to go mountain tactical rail and NF rings. The sportsmatch probably could have done it but the lead time for the high rings when I ordered parts was 5-6 weeks out which sent me in another direction. Haven’t shot it yet but it is a solid feeling set up.

OP
D

dan25

Lil-Rokslider
Good to hear . I make sure and clean out the gun receiver threads with brake cleaner and loctite and torque...shot the gun and so far I'm impressed with the 215 tactical mount.

Attachments

• 20220820_095322.jpg
    20220820_095322.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 14

amassi

WKR
that sucks. I guess any mount can fail. I have been learning some painful lessons about loctite and 242 not bonding to stainless on some of my target guns. Two stainless guns with recently mounted red dots both shot loose twice. A gun smith and some forums convinced me that my loctite (242) needed an accelerant or I needed to use a different formula.

live and learn, I guess. However, it has me suspect of a couple of my long gun mount jobs including that tikka with the sports match Rings. A couple of blown $20 pistol matches is one thing, but a blown hunt, especially a fly away, is another.

@dan25 FWIW I bought a tikka 300 Win since that last post. I am mounting it now with a 50mm NF scope. I opted to go mountain tactical rail and NF rings. The sportsmatch probably could have done it but the lead time for the high rings when I ordered parts was 5-6 weeks out which sent me in another direction. Haven’t shot it yet but it is a solid feeling set up.
I noticed the loctite issue as well, 243 red seems to fix the issue w/ stainless

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I noticed the loctite issue as well, 243 red seems to fix the issue w/ stainless

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I wonder how much environmentals play a role? I have had loctite not dry in a week here on the coast… nail polish is my go to, seems to work well around here, and I always have some around living with 2 females and my own stash for painting steelhead beads.

Looks good Dan25, I have the tikka T3x veil in .300win mag. I used the Leupold Mk4 20MOA base with NF ultra lights mediums. Scope is a NF 5.5-22x 56mm NXS. its a tact driver with 215 Bergers. Total weight 9lbs 8 oz.